Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Third Conditional Sentences Exercises for Class 7 With Answers CBSE Pdf
We make the third conditional by using the past perfect after ‘if’ and then ‘would have’ and the past participle in the second part of the sentence:
if + past perfect, …would + have + past participle
It talks about the past. It’s used to describe a situation that didn’t happen, and to imagine the result of this situation.
- If she had studied, she would have passed the exam, (but, really we know she didn’t study and so she didn’t pass)
- If I hadn’t eaten so much, I wouldn’t have felt sick, (but I did eat a lot, and so I did feel sick).
- If we had taken a taxi, we wouldn’t have missed the plane.
- She wouldn’t have been tired if she had gone to bed earlier.
- She would have become a teacher if she had gone to university.
- He would have been on time for the interview if he had left the house at nine.
Answer the following questions.
1. How would players have scored more goals?
2. When would Referee have awarded a penalty kick?
3. How would game have become better?
Third Conditional Sentences Exercises With Answers for Class 7 CBSE
A. Complete the Third Conditional by putting the verbs into the correct form. The first one has been done for you.
1. If you (study) had studied for the test, you (pass) would have passed it.
2. If you (ask) _____________ me, I (help) _____________ you.
3. If we (go) _____________ to the cinema, we (see) _____________ my friend Jatin.
4. If you (speak) _____________ English, she (understand) _____________.
5. If they (listen) _____________ to me, we (be) _____________ home earlier.
6. I (write) _____________ you a postcard if I (have) _____________ your address.
7. If I (not/break) _____________ my leg, I (take part) _____________ in the contest.
8. If it (not/start) _____________ to rain, we (walk) _____________ to the museum.
9. We (swim) _____________ in the sea if there (not/be) _____________ so many sharks there.
10. If she (take) _____________ the bus, she (not/arrive) _____________ on time.
B. Put the words in brackets into the correct form to make third conditional sentences.
1. If I (pass) _____________ my driving test last month, I would have bought a car straight away.
2. If I (complain) _____________ in the shop, they might have given me a discount.
3. The job (be done) _____________ much faster if there’d been more people helping. As it was, it took us forever.
4. If the job (not/take) _____________ so long, we would’ve had more time to do other things.
5. I (not/say) _____________ what I said if I had known earlier what her reaction was going to be.
6. I wouldn’t have bought the house if I (know) _____________ it had plumbing issues.
7. If I (be) _____________ in your shoes, I wouldn’t have accepted the offer. You made a big mistake.
8. I (not/start) _____________ the job if I had known it was going to take so long.