A notice is a formal means of communication. The purpose of a notice is to announce or display information to a particular group of people. Notices are generally meant to be put up on specific display boards, whether in schools or in public places. Notices issued by the government appear in newspapers.
A Notice gives the reader some information regarding an important event that is about to happen or that has happened. It is usually displayed publicly. It is a formal piece of writing and involves a specific style.
Looking for an easy way to learn English Grammar? then you are in right place. Here we providing basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… below given some of the Notice Writing Class 11 Examples.
Notice Writing Class 11 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises
A notice is a written or printed information that can be in the form of an official statement of public importance or a warning in advance. Since a notice is primarily meant to inform a large number of people, it must be clear and brief. It is a very important form of written communication used by individuals and organisations to convey information about functions, events and occasions.
The main purposes of writing a notice are to
- provide information regarding an important event that is about to happen or has happened.
- publicly display information either in the newspapers or on specific display boards for others to know and follow.
- announce births or deaths.
- announce occasions like inaugurations or sales.
- make appeals or extend invitations.
Types Of Notice
Different types of notice are as given below
- Notice for meeting
- Notice for events like competition/celebration/annual sports event/cultural festival/winter carnival etc
- Notice for lost or found
- Notice for tours/fairs/exhibitions/campaigns/seminars/workshops/debates/group talk etc
- Notice for appeal/warning/guideline/message in public interest
- Notice for change of name/residence/company/bank account/timings etc
Points To Be Kept In Mind
- Write the name of the organisation/institution/office issuing the notice.
- The word ‘NOTICE’ is always written under the name of the organisation/institution/office.
- Date of issuing notice is written on the left hand side.
- Heading/subject should be eye-catching, brief and precise.
- The content must include complete information. It must include the 7 W’s of writing (who, what, where, why, when, in what way and for whom).
- The purpose of the notice should be very clear.
- The name and designation of the issuing authority should be mentioned.
- The language used must be lucid and must be written in the third person i.e. pronouns like I, you, me, mine, your, our etc should not be used.
- Choice of tense will depend on the nature of the notice e.g. in a notice announcing an event, future time reference will be used more than any other tense forms.
- The notice should be presented within a box.
You are Avinash, Cultural Secretary of Queen Mary Convent, Lucknow. You want suitable students to represent your school in the Inter-School English Debate to be held shortly. Providing the necessary details, write a notice inviting participation.
Types Of Notice
Notice for Meeting
The points given below are required while writing a notice for a meeting,
- Who has called the meeting
- Agenda/purpose of the meeting
- Date/time/venue of the meeting
- Who is to attend the meeting
- Number of persons/departments included
- Specific instructions for the persons called for the meeting
- Signatory with name and designation
- In case of further details, contact person with designation
Notice Writing with Question and Answer for Class 11 CBSE
Write a notice for a meeting of security employees with the Director of their agency to discuss security hazards and arrive at a specific resolution. Give the agenda of the meeting in the notice.
Tiger Security Providers, Gurgaon
19th February, 20XX
Meeting of Security Employees
All the security guards and supervisors appointed by Tiger Security Providers, Gurgaon are required to attend a meeting to be held in the Director’s office at 9 AM on Friday, 23rd February, 20XX.
The agenda of the meeting is
- Minutes of last meeting for discussion and approval
- Security hazards
- Suggestions for better safety
- How to overcome complications
For further details, please contact the undersigned.
You are Rohan/Roma, the Students’ Representative of the School Development Committee. Next week, the Committee is meeting to prepare a Calendar of Activities for academic year 20XX-20XY. Write a notice, to be put up on your school notice board, inviting students’ suggestions on the subject.
Suncity World School, Gurgaon
21st January, 20XX
Annual Development Committee Meeting – Suggestions Invited
All the students are hereby informed that the School Development Committee is going to meet on 31st January, 20XX to prepare a Calendar of Activities for the coming session.
All those students who have creative suggestions can meet the undersigned and discuss their ideas. The undersigned will meet such students on 25th January, 20XX in the Student Activity Hall in the zero period. Constructive ideas will be welcomed.
For further details contact the undersigned.
Example Of Notice Writing Class 11 CBSE
1. On the occasion of National Science and Technology Day, the school has decided to organise a Science Fair. Kulwant, the Secretary of the Science Society, wants to call a meeting of the office-bearers of the society to discuss the arrangements for the fair. Write a suitable notice.
2. You are Abhik, the Head Boy of Kanya International School, Bareilly. Draft a notice for the school notice board, informing the Students’ Council members about a meeting with the Principal and Discipline Committee of the school. Provide the necessary details.
3. Your school is celebrating its Silver Jubilee. As the Head Boy/Head Girl of your school, you are organising a meeting Of the Students’ Council to discuss how to celebrate it. Write a notice informing the students about this meeting, giving necessary details and the meeting’s agenda.
4. You are Rajan, Secretary of the RWA, Sunlight Housing Society. Your RWA will hold a function to celebrate Independence Day. Write a notice, inviting all RWA members for attending a meeting to decide how the day should be celebrated. Provide all necessary details.
5. You are Sandeep/Sakshi, the Cultural Secretary of Bharat Senior Secondary School, Bhopal. The school has decided to stage a cultural festival next month. The Principal has asked you to convene a meeting of the class representatives with him to decide the details. Draft a notice accordingly.
Notice for Events
(Competition/Celebration/ ’ Annual Sports Event/Cultural Festival)
The points given below are required while writing a notice for events.
- Who is organising the event
- Date/time/duration/ venue of the event
- Who can participate/essential qualifications/eligibility conditions
- Last date for registering names/depositing the amount etc
- Specific instructions (if any)
- Contact person with designation
Notice Writing Class 11 Topper Answer Sheet CBSE Pdf
1. Write a notice for the ‘10th All India Poster Making Competition’ to be held in your school on 18th November, 20XX. Provide the other essential details.
Ggs Public School, Delhi
1st November, 20XX
Poster Making Competition
All the students from class IV to XII are hereby informed that the school is organising the ’10th All India Poster Making Competition’ on 18th November, 20XX in the school ground from 9 AM to 12 Noon. It is a golden opportunity for budding artists to show their talent.
Junior Category (Class IV to VIII)
Topic – Child Labour
Senior Category (Class IX to XII)
Topic – National Integration
Interested students can register themselves with the undersigned latest by 10th November, 20XX. For further details, contact the undersigned.
(Secretary, Art Club)
You are the Secretary of the Music Club of your school. Your school is organising its ‘5th Inter-School Music Carnival’ for the students of class VI-XII. Write a notice inviting those interested to appear for an audition in the presence of renowned singer Rehmat Ali Khan. Provide the other necessary details.
Model School, New Delhi
6th November, 20XX
5th Inter-School Music Carnival
This is to inform that the school is hosting its 5th Inter-School Music Carnival for class VI-XII on 10th December, 20XX, at 9 AM in the Siri Fort Auditorium. All interested students may appear for the auditions to be conducted in the presence of Mr Rehmat Ali Khan, the well-known singer, on 15th November, 20XX at 10 AM in the school auditorium.
For further details, contact the undersigned.
(Secretary, Music Club)
Notice Writing Class 11 CBSE Examples
1. You are Ravi/Reeta, the Cultural Secretary of ABC High School, Mysore. You have been asked to inform students of class IX to XII about an Inter-School Dramatics Competition. Draft a notice for the students’ notice board with all necessary details.
2. The Residents’ Welfare Association, Green Park, Indore, is organising a ‘Holi Utsav’ in the locality. As the President of the association, draft a notice informing the residents about the same. Provide the other essential details.
3. You are the Cultural Secretary of your school. Write a notice inviting the names of students who want to participate in the variety programme that you are planning in aid of an old age home in your city. Items may be in the form of solo and group singing, mono-acting, dance performance, playing instrumental music etc.
4. There is going to be an inter-Class Debate of the students of class DC to XU on the topic ‘Tobacco companies should not sponsor sports events’. As the Cultural Secretary, draft a notice providing all relevant details.
5. Write a notice for the school notice board, informing the students about the visit of the Chief Minister to your school on 20th ovember, 20XX. Write the notice asking the students to maintain punctuality, cleanliness and discipline.
Notice for Lost or Found
- The points given below are required while writing a notice for lost or found.
- Name of the object lost or found
- Date, time, day when you lost or found it
- Place where you lost or found it
- Brief description/identification marks (colour, size, make, contents, model etc)
- Whom to contact, when and where
- A suitable gift/reward for the person who returns that article/ object
- Contact person and designation/class/address/phone number
Notice Writing Questions With Answers Class 11 CBSE
On an outing with your friends you forgot your school bag in the Cafe Coffee Time Lounge of the famous DT Mall, Shalimar Bagh. The moment you realised it, you rushed back only to find it gone. Draft a notice to be put on the notice board of the mall.
Dt Mall, Shalimar Bagh
3rd January, 20XX I
School Bag Lost
All are hereby informed that a school bag was lost today at around 3 PM in the Cafe Coffee Time Lounge. It is a black coloured Adidas school bag. It contains class XII English and Physics NCERT textbooks, stationery pouch, school diary of St Marks High School and a register. Anybody who finds it is requested to inform the undersigned on phone or leave it with the Manager of Cafe Coffee Time Lounge. The person returning it to me ! will be handsomely rewarded.
You are Jatin Raheja of class XI-A. You found a purse in the school library. Write a notice for the notice board of your school asking its rightful owner to furnish necessary details to claim it back from you.
St Agnes School, Ludhiana
3rd August, 20XX
Purse Found in School Library
All are hereby informed that a purse was found on the floor of the school library on 2nd August, 20XX at 2 PM. It is a black coloured purse with some cash and a small calendar. There were also some little bits of paper inside with some notes written on them. The genuine owner of the purse can claim it from the undersigned after giving necessary particulars about the purse contents.
Jatin Raheja (XI-A)
Notice Writing Questions For Class 11 CBSE
1. You are Paritosh Mohanty, the Head Boy of St Mark’s High School, Mussoorie. Draft a notice regarding a sports kit bag found on the school playground. Provide all the necessary details.
2. You are Ashok Kamath and your pet dog, answering to the name ‘Bruno’ has run away from home yesterday. Write a notice to be put up at prominent points in your locality, giving details of the dog and offering a suitable reward to the finder.
3. You are Subhash/Suniti. You have lost your History textbook somewhere in the school premises. Put up a notice giving a description of the book and requesting the finder to return it to you.
4. You are Sub-inspector Surendra Singh, incharge of the Surjepur police station. A 7-year-old girl has been reported missing. With the information you received from the parents about the physical appearance of the girl, write a notice to be put up at all prominent places within your jurisdiction.
5. A little boy of five years has been missing for the last seven days from Sonia Vihar RWA, Jaipur. As the President, RWA, write a notice to be put up in the RWA office giving necessary details and offering a suitable ward to the finder.
(Tours/Fairs/Exhibitions/Campaigns/ Seminars/Workshops/Debates/Group Talk)
The points given below are required while writing a notice for tours, fairs, exhibitions, campaigns, seminars, workshops, debates, group talk etc.
- Name and nature of the event
- Obj ective/purpose/occasion
- Subject of the programme/seminar/debate/workshop etc
- Who can participate/attend
- Expenditure/entry fee etc
- Specific instructions
Notice Writing Topics With Answers Class 11 CBSE
You are Rishabh Malhotra, Head Boy, Columbus Public School, New Delhi. Write a notice for the school notice board inviting names for a trip to Mumbai and Goa, giving detailed information to the students.
Columbus Public School, New Delhi
13th October, 20XX
Trip to Mumbai and Goa
The school is organising a trip to Mumbai and Goa during the winter vacations. It will be a 12-day trip in which only students of class IX to XII are allowed to join.
Duration : The details of the trip are
mode of travel : 24th December to 3rd January Rajdhani Express/Sampark Kranti Express
Accommodation : 4 Star Hotel
Total cost : ₹ 20,999 per person (Includes taxes and expenses)
Interested students should register their names along with the total cost in cash or a demand draft drawn in favour of the school and a no-objection note duly signed by their parents to the undersigned latest by 20th October, 20XX. Late entries will not be entertained.
For further details contact the undersigned.
You are the Secretary of the Science Club of your school. Write a notice for your school notice board encouraging the science students of class XI and XII to participate in the Inter School Science Exhibition to be held next week in a neighbouring school.
Rishabh International School, New Delhi
9th July, 20XX
The Science Club invites the names of bright and enterprising science students of class XI and XII for participating in the Inter School Science Exhibition. The exhibition will be held in Hall no 5 and 6 in Pragati Maidan, (near Gate no 7) from 20th-25th July, 20XX. The timings of the exhibition will be 10 AM to 5 PM. Only those projects which are selected by the club will be eligible to participate. Give your names with your project details and models to the undersigned by 15th July, 20XX. For further details contact the undersigned.
(Secretary, Science Club)
Sample Question for Notice Writing for Class 11 CBSE
1. The event management company, Hiking Expeditions, is organising an Adventure Trip to Chakrata in the summer vacations for interested students of class XI and XII. As the President of the Excursions Committee, write a notice informing students about the trip and inviting them to join.
2. The Residents’ Welfare Association, New Friends Colony, Kolkata, is organising a Puja Bazaar in the locality. As the President of the association, draft a notice informing the residents about the same. Give other essential details about the Bazaar.
3. You are Sameer Kapur, the Secretary of the Science Club of your school. Write a notice informing the students about the CV Raman National Science Exhibition to be held next month, requesting them to participate in it enthusiastically. Inform them that outsiders, too, are welcome to visit this exhibition.
4. The Hindustan Times Pace Programme is planning to hold fun-filled workshops on candle making and clay modelling for all students of class IX to XII on Children’s Day in the school. As Jagdish, Head Boy, write a notice informing students about it, by providing the necessary details.
5. The Marketing Manager of a cold drinks company has invited your school for a tour of their local manufacturing and bottling plant. Each of the young visitors will be given a free drink of their choice. As the Head Boy/Head Girl of your school, write a notice informing the students about the programme. Include the date for the day trip and any other details you think necessary.
Appeal/Warning/Guidelines/Message in Public Intrest
The points given below are required while writing a notice for appeal, warning, guideline or message in the public interest.
- Whom to appeal/warn
- Target audience
- Name of the person issuing the notice
- Date/time/place/venue (where applicable)
- Wording of appeal/slogan
- Punitive action – fine etc (if required)
- Specific/important instructions
- Contact person and designation
Notice Writing Questions with Answers Class 11 CBSE
You are Smitha/Sunil, Secretary, AVM Housing Society. You are going to collect charity for the people affected by the recent floods. Draft a notice appealing for donations of relief products like clothes, money, grains etc.
15th September, 20XX
Appeal for Donations
This is to inform all residents of the society that the society committee members have agreed to organise a Donation Drive in aid of flood affected people. The collections for the Donation Drive will take place on 20th September, 20XX in the Society Ground from 10 AM to 7 PM. One can donate clothes, money (cash), grains and other articles. By doing this, one can show his/her humanitarian nature. All the donated items must be properly packed. The donations will be sent to the Prime Minister for further action. The members of the society are urged to donate in large numbers for this noble cause.
Suppose you are the Director, Indian Institute of Languages. Write a suitable admission notice mentioning details like eligibility, facilities available etc to be put up in all schools of the city.
Indian Institute Of Languages, New Delhi
12th February, 20XX
Admissions for one year diploma course and six months certificate course are open in European languages (namely French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese). The courses start on 1st March, 20XX. The fees for the diploma course will be INR 60,000 and for the certificate course will be INR 30,000. Students will be taught with the latest and sophisticated video-aids and tape-recorded lessons in a language laboratory. Foreign as well as Indian teachers are available. We have a fully air-conditioned campus. Students with 50% marks in class XII can apply. For further details contact the undersigned.
Sample Questions of Notice Writing for Class 11 CBSE
1. Ram Paswan is the Head Boy of Bhavan Vidyalaya, Ambala. He and some other students of the school are touched by the plight of poor and the destitute in state-run homes, and wish to make a difference in their lives by lessening their sufferings. They decide to raise funds for this purpose. Write a notice making an appeal for generous donations.
2. You are the Head Warden of a Boys’ Hostel. You have noticed that the boys often report late for the roll-call at night and have a tendency to damage the hostel property. Write a notice informing the hostel inmates that they should refrain from doing so or else they will be penalised.
3. As the President of the Residents’ Welfare Association, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, draft a notice to be displayed on the society notice board, requesting the residents to donate generously for the flood-hit victims in Bihar. They can donate in kind or cash. Give the necessary details.
4. You are the Secretary of Aastha Housing Society Welfare Association. Write a notice to be circulated to all the residents, informing them that there will be no water supply to your society on 24th and 25th August due to maintenance work in the underground storage tank.
5. As the President of the Students’ Council of your school, write a notice asking the students of your school to donate old clothes, books and bags for the Anubhav Shiksha Kendra, a school for the underprivileged being run on your school premises.
Notice for Change of Name
(Residence/Company/ Bank Account/Timings)
The points given below are required while writing a notice for change of name, residence, company, bank account or timings.
- Drawing attention
- Who are being informed about the change
- Existing/current and new (changed to)
- Reason for change
- Contact details
Notice Writing Questions and Answers for Class 11 CBSE
You have changed your residential address from House no 183, Bank Street, Karol Bagh, New Delhi to House no 13B, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi. Draft a notice to be published in the local newspaper informing people about the same. You are Paanchi Khatri.
17th March, 20XX
Change of Address
This is to inform all concerned that I, Paanchi Khatri, daughter of Mr SK Khatri, have changed my residence from House no 183, Bank Street, Karol Bagh, New Delhi to House no 13B, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi – 110008, due to unavoidable, circumstances. All bakery customers can reach me at my new address for any order regarding home made bakery items.
Imagine you are the Librarian of a public library. The following decisions have been taken regarding its running.
- The library will remain open on Sundays and will be closed on Mondays.
- The working hours will now be from 9AM to 6 PM instead of 9 AM to 5 PM.
- The period for which the books can be borrowed has been reduced from three weeks to two weeks.
Write a notice informing the members and the general public about these decisions.
Deen Dayal Public Library
17th October, 20XX
This is to inform all the esteemed members and the general public that w.e.f. 25th October, 20XX, the library will remain open on Sundays. Henceforth, Monday will be the weekly closed day. The working hours have also been increased by one hour. Now the library will open at 9AM and close at 6PM. Books will be issued for a period of two weeks instead of three weeks.
Your cooperation is solicited.
Notice Writing Class 11 Sample Questions
1. You have changed your name from Vineeta Jain to Vineeta Gupta after marriage. Draft a suitable notice, informing all concerned about the same, to be published in a local newspaper.
2. You are the Secretary of RWA, Kalindi Housing Society. The society has changed its banker to State Bank of India. Write a notice, to be put up on the RWA office notice board, informing all members about the change by giving the changed account number, branch name etc asking them to deposit all society dues in the new bank account.’
3. You are the Proprietor of Sunbeam Packers and Movers. Your company landline telephone numbers have changed because of the commissioning of a new telephone exchange in your area. Write a notice, to be published in the local newspaper, informing all customers and others about the new numbers.
4. You are Praveen Shenoy, formerly the Sales Manager of Karan Biscuits Pvt Ltd. You have joined a new company. Draft a notice about the change, to be inserted in a local newspaper, giving details of who your former customers should contact (to deal with) in your former company.
5. You are the Company Secretary of Tolani Constructions Ltd. Your company has changed its registered address. Write a notice to be published in the local newspaper informing all about the new address.
Self Assessment Notice Writing Questions
(Here we have covered all types of notices)
1. On account of heavy fog and chilly winters, your Principal has decided to extend the winter vacations by a week. As the Head Boy/Head Girl, draft a notice informing students of the same.
2. You are the Secretary of Janta Society Welfare Association, Kalindi. Write a notice to be circulated to the members of the association, requesting them to attend a meeting to discuss the parking of vehicles of the residents.
3. As the Head Boy/Head Girl of your school, you are organising a Career Counselling Session for XI and XII standard students of your school. Write a notice giving details of it to be displayed on your school notice board.
4. You have lost your wrist watch in your school. Give details of the watch and the probable time of the day you lost it. Your description should be fit for the ‘Lost and Found’ notice board of your school.
5. You are Rajan/Rajani, residing at 30A, Munirka, New Delhi. Your friend has to undergo an operation for which he needs ? two lakhs. Some generous people have donated some money but it is not sufficient. Draft an appeal/notice which will be published in the local daily to arrange funds for the operation.
6. On behalf of the Principal of the ‘School for Achievers’, Kamal, write a notice announcing the admission of orphan and destitute boys to the school. Give details like age of applicants, facilities available and the contact number.
7. The Image Club, Delhi, is organising a 15-day course in photography during the summer holidays for students of class XI. Write a notice informing students of your school and asking them to enrol. The charges are ? 3000 per head. Students should have their own cameras. You are the Head Boy/Head Girl.
8. You are the Editor of your school magazine. Draft a notice for your school notice board inviting articles, poems, stories, sketches etc from the students for your school magazine. Sign as Sarita of Sargana Senior Secondary School, Hyderabad.
9. You are Abhinav/Anupama, Secretary of Anand Apartments Association, No 16, Luz Church Road, Chennai-600004. Draft a notice to be sent to all the members of your association to attend an extraordinary meeting of the governing body to discuss the programme for the New Year’s Eve Celebration.
10. You are the Sports Captain of Green Public School, Ludhiana. Write a notice to be put up on the school notice board informing the students about the Inter-School Basketball Tournament. Gite all necessary details of the tournament to be played.
11. You are Karan Taneja, Secretary of RWA, Karnal Residents Housing Society. Draft a notice informing all society members that the fifth instalment of payment towards the cost of flats is due next week.
12. You are Student’s Club Adviser of Kalpana Chawla Memorial School, Karnal. Write an election notice inviting nominations for the post of President, Secretary and Treasurer of the Student’s club: Give all necessary details.
13. You are Parivesh Mishra, Secretary of the Literary Club of your school. Draft a notice for your school notice board inviting students for a ‘Literature Quiz’ to be held in the school giving necessary details.
14. You are Saloni/Kareem, Secretary, Art Club of your school. Draft a notice, informing all students about the Shankar’s on-the-spot Painting Competition to be held at Pragati Maidan on Children’s Day, asking.them to participate. Give all necessary details.
15. You are Naseem Sharif, SHO of Karampur Police station. An abandoned laptop has been found in the locality which nobody is claiming. Draft a notice to be put up at prominent places within the locality giving its details, asking the owner to visit the Police Station to claim it.