Looking for an easy way to learn English Grammar? then you are in right place. Here we providing basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc. In this page, we are providing Invitation Class 12
Invitation and Replies Class 12 Format, Examples Pdf
An invitation is a short composition. It is used for inviting people to functions, celebrations, etc.
Two Types of Invitation Class 12:
- Formal invitations are usually cards
- Informal invitations are short letters.
Points to Remember
Formal Invitations Points Class 12
- Formal invitations are written in the third person. The person who extends the invitation writes his name.
- Then comes the name of the person, who is being invited.
- Date, venue, time should be clearly mentioned.
- In case, the party is organized at some other place, like a hotel, etc., then the complete address of the person, along with his contact number, has to be clearly mentioned.
- Some formal invitations like the wedding invitations carry the expression of RSVP, which means Repondez S’il vous, plait’; please reply.
- The address of the person who extends the invitation must always be given even if the function is organized at some other venue.
Informal Invitations Points Class 12
- These are like short informal letters.
- The salutation, subscription, address on the top are the same, like in an informal letter.
- These are always written in the first person.
Formal (Refusal and Acceptance)
- A formal reply is like a formal invitation, but it is not a card. It is a handwritten reply to the invitation.
- It is written in the third person.
- The format will be the same as given in the invitation.
- No specific reasons are given for refusal. Only expressions like prior commitment, etc. are used.
- In an acceptance reply, expressions like ‘will be delighted to attend it’ are used.
Informal (Refusal and Acceptance)
- These are written in the same format as in the informal invitation.
- These are written in the first person.
- A specific reason for refusal can be given.
Invitation and Replies Example with Answers for Class 12 CBSE
The Literary Club of your school is putting up the play ‘Waiting for Godot’. As secretary of the club, draft an invitation inviting the famous writer Sudeesh Gupta to be the guest of honour at the function. Write the invitation in about 50 words. You are Govinda/Gauri.
|Salwan Public School
New Delhi 1100XX
29th January 20XXRespected Sir
The Literary Club of our school is going to present the play ‘Waiting for Godot’ on 1 February 20XX in the school auditorium. We would be pleased if you accept to be the guest of honour for the same.Kindly confirm.
Hoping for a positive reply.Thank you,Yours faithfully
(Secretary, Literary Club)
You have received an invitation to be the judge for a literary competition in St Ann’s School. Send a reply in not more than 50 words, confirming you acceptance. You are Mohan/Mohini.
|Mr. Mohan Sharma thanks the Principal, St. Ann’s School for their kind invitation for judging the literary competition on 13th August 20XX. He accepts the invitation with pleasure and will reach the venue at 9 a.m. to judge the event.
Mr Aseem Mathur wishes to invite his friend Mr Vikash Sachdeva to his brother’s engagement party. Draft an informal invitation in about 50 words.
|12/16 Rajendra Nagar
15th July 20XXMy Dear Vikash
You will be very glad to know that my brother is getting engaged on 25th July 20XX. You and your family are cordially invited.My parents are looking forward to having you with us at the engagement ceremony at our residence at 7 p.m.Your friend
The Managing Director of New Engineers Ltd desires to invite his staff to the New Year party. Design an informal invitation in about 50 words for the occasion.
|Dear staff members,
You would be pleased to know that New Engineers Ltd is organising a party on the New Year at 9 p.m. It would be a good idea to know each other well and enjoy ourselves. The venue is Blue Radisson. I look forward to the pleasure of your company at the party. It would be wonderful to spend time together.Best wishes,
New Engineers Ltd.
You have been invited as a judge for a debate competition by New Era Public School. Draft a formal refusal in about 50 words.
|19 Defence colony
20 February 20XXMs Neera Kapoor thanks the Principal, New Era Public School, for inviting her as a judge for the debate competition to be held on Friday, January 18, 20XX at 10 a.m. in the school premises. However, she sincerely apologizes that she will not be able to come as she will be out of station. She wishes good luck to all the participants.Neera Kapoor
You are Dr Mahesh TVipathi and you have received an invitation from the Director, Health Services, New Delhi to attend a workshop on ‘Child Care’ on 15 May. Many leading practitioners of the state have been invited to grace the occasion. Respond informally to the invitation in about 50 words.
|19 XYZ Road New Delhi
26 April 20XXDear Sir,
I am honoured to receive your invitation to attend the workshop on ‘Child Care’. It is a matter of honour to interact with leading practitioners. I hope the workshop will be a great success. Thank you again for the invite. I will surely come.Thank you
Write an informal invitation to your childhood friend Vishu, who is in the same town, inviting him to dinner at your residence.
|16/121 XYZ Road
New Delhi 1100XX
15 September 20XXMy Dear Vishu
Please join me and my family at dinner tomorrow at my residence. It has been long since we met. I really want you to come and spend some quality time with me.I am looking forward to your positive response.Your friend
You are Vivek Dhar. Write a formal acceptance of an invitation to a ‘Musical Nite’ organised by your neighbour, Mr. Iqbal Rasool. Your address is 64, College Road, Bengaluru.
|5 December 20XX
Vivek Dhar is pleased to receive an invitation to the ‘Musical Nite’ organised by Mr Iqbal Rasool at his residence and confirms his participation. Best wishes