Articles are written to give information in a wide range of contexts for magazines or newspapers. They are a relatively long and sustained piece of writing. They give information on a variety of themes such as describing an event, person, someone’s life and actions, places, and experiences. They can also be an expression of the writer’s opinions on topics of social interest or arguments for or against a topic and they often offer suggestions.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Article Writing Topics for Class 7 CBSE Format, Examples Pdf
Articles express the personal opinions of the writer. Input for an article/speech may be in the form of verbal/visual input. The output may be descriptive or argumentative.
Articles express the personal opinion of the writer and present information on a variety of themes.
Article Writing Format Pdf
- Write the HEADING/TITLE at the top.
- Write the name of the writer below it.
- Split your subject matter into 3 – 4 paragraphs.
- a. Paragraph – 1: Introduction – briefly tell what the Article is about, giving some startling fact or quotation to arouse interest.
- b. Paragraph – 2 and 3: Highlight the cause and effect of the problem. Give Examples: to support your views. Compare and contrast.
- c. Paragraph – 4: Conclusion. Briefly offer suggestions and solutions to improve the situation. Predictions and personal observation may be included.
- Systematic presentation of ideas is a must.
- Pay attention to grammatical accuracy and use good vocabulary.
- Use sentence linkers to ensure continuity – e.g. firstly, finally, moreover, etc.
- Remove irrelevant information and repetition.
- Follow word limit. (150 – 200 words)
Write a good ending:
In an article, it’s better to give the readers something to think about, perhaps by asking them another question or giving them a call to action. Often, the best endings link back to the starting point in some way. Use of quotes, slogans, couplets may be incorporated as per the requirement and relevance.
Article Writing Exercises for Class 7 With Answers
Sample: The Internet began in the Eighties. Today it has grown to become a major means of communication. Websites and emails, things that were unheard of just two decades ago, are quickly gaining popularity and usage. Write an article in not more than 100 – 120 words. The Internet – Boon and Bane’.
The Internet – Boon and Bane
A person can access the Internet and the numerous websites on the computer. There are websites on just about anything one can think of. Information, files, photographs, video clips, computer software, games, etc. can often be obtained free or for a fee from some websites. Online shopping, banking, and other services make it an ease for an ordinary person to perform regular chores from the comfort of home or office. A very popular feature of the Internet is the use of email. Using email, people from any part of the world can communicate with one other in an instant.
The cost of sending an email is almost nothing. On top of that, files and pictures can be attached and sent together with the email. Despite its obvious usefulness, negative things are also present on the Internet. Viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other harmful programs wait to strike at the unwary user. Accessing the Internet without the protection of an anti-virus program or firewall is a sure way of getting infected.
The result of infection varies from a simple obscene message on the screen to the complete corruption of the files and records in the computer. Then there are sites that promote pornography, anarchy, terrorism, satanism, black magic and other threats to the well – being of our world. Using the Internet is no different from dealing with our daily living in the physical world. We use it but we must take precautions to avoid the obvious dangers and negative elements related to it.
Article Writing Exercises for Class 7 CBSE
1. Living a healthy lifestyle is the top priority for many people. In the light of above statement, write an article on ‘Keeping a healthy lifestyle’ in not more than 100¬150 words.
2. Women walk long distances to fetch water in certain parts of the country. There is not only scarcity of water but water in most places is also contaminated. Using the hints given below together with your own ideas, write an article in about 125 words on the scarcity of clean drinking water, suggesting ways to improve the situation.
Scarcity of clean drinking water
- Women travel long distances in certain areas like Rajasthan and Gujarat to fetch water
- Contamination of water
- Linking rivers
- Awareness of clean drinking water habits
- Rain water harvesting/water conservation