Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Adverb Phrase and Adverb Clause Exercises for Class 7 CBSE Pdf
A phrase that acts as an adverb in a sentence is called an adverb phrase.
- Avi handled criticism gracefully. (adverb)
- Avi handled criticism with grace. (adverb phrase)
The italicized phrase in the second sentence also tells us about the manner in which the action was done. That is why it is an adverb phrase.
Answer the following questions.
1. What has happened to the narrator’s uncle?
2. How does the narrator’s family react at this situation?
3. What does narrator tell his brother at the end of the story?
Adverb Phrase and Adverb Clause Exercises With Answer for Class 7 CBSE
A. Underline the adverb phrase in the following sentences,
1. Bob nodded as if he understood.
2. Meet me at the mall.
3. Without thinking, he turned down the road.
4. They must kiss before sunset.
5. She went online for more information.
6. In the forest many creatures snarl and growl.
7. I will never do that, not in a million years.
8. Dad spoke softly to calm her fears.
9. They have a house by the ocean.
10. She slammed the door in a huff.
B. Fill in the blanks with adverb phrase.
1. She lives _______________
2. Is there water _______________
3. She ran _______________
4. They chatted _______________
5. She performed the task _______________
6. The desert stretched _______________
into her room fora while with great skill towards the north in a palatial home on the moon
C. Underline the adverb clause in the following sentences.
1. I waited for my friend until he arrived.
2. He hid where his pursuers could not find him.
3. I am as intelligent as you are.
4. As he was not there, I left a message with his mother.
5. We eat so that we may live. to
6. She was so tired that she could barely stand. in
7. If you eat too much, you may fall ill.
8. Though he started early, he finished late.
9. If you do not tell me everything, I will not be able to help you.
10. Do not go until I get ready.