Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 6 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other
Words Often Confused Exercise Class 6 Examples With Answers Pfd
Words Often Confused Exercises Class 6 With Answers
|2||Affect||To produce a result|
|Capable||Fit to do something|
|6||Auditor||One who checks accounts|
|Editor||Of a newspaper, etc|
|7||Admit||To accept something|
|Confess||To accept one’s fault or crime|
|Angle||Space between two lines|
|10||Award||To give strictly according to justice|
|Reward||To give the fruit of|
|11||Answer||Respond to a question|
|Reply||Respond to a letter, etc.|
|Expire||To die or end|
|14||Beside||By the side of|
|Besides||In addition to|
|Beech||A kind of tree|
|17||Brake||Device to check speed|
|Cheque||Order for withdrawing on withdraw money from the bank|
|20||Childish||Foolish like a child; used in a bad sense|
|Childlike||Innocent like a child; used in a good sense|
|21||Career||Life, course of life|
|Carrier||That which carries|
|22||Calendar||A table of days and months|
|Calendar||To press cloth, paper etc.|
|23||Carat||Measure of the purity of gold, pure gold being 24 carat|
|24||Cellar||An underground room in a house|
|Seller||One who sells|
|25||Coma||A prolonged state of deep unconsciousness.|
|Comma||Mark of punctuation|
|26||Complement||To complete; something that completes|
|Compliment||To admire; greetings|
|27||Continual||Continuing with breaks|
|Continuous||At a stretch|
|28||Crime||A legal offense punished by law|
|Sin||A religious offence|
|Credulous||Believing others easily|
|31||Cattle||Animals like buffaloes|
|Course||Path; line of action|
|Deer||A wild animal|
|35||Dairy||A milk booth|
|Diary||A note book|
|36||Die||To pass away|
|Dyeing||The act of colouring|
|38||Desert||A sandy tract|
|Deserts||What one deserves|
|39||Discover||To find out|
|Invention||Making something new|
|41||Draught||Act of drinking|
|Drought||Lack of rain|
|42||Envy||In a good sense|
|Jealousy||In a bad sense|
|43||Excuse||For a small thing|
|Pardon||For a serious thing|
|Older||Only age factor|
|Exorcise||To drive out an evil spirit by magic or prayers|
|Feet||Plural of ‘foot’|
|49.||Floor||Lower surface of a room|
|Fowl||A kind of bird|
|52.||Flee||To run away|
|53.||Gait||Manner of walking|
|Heel||Back part of the foot or shoe|
|57.||House||Building to live in|
|Home||Place for living|
|Listen||To hear attentively|
|59.||Hamlet||A small village|
|Helmet||Protective head covering worn by two wheeler drivers|
|Snow||Natural frozen water|
|62.||Ill||Down with fever|
|65.||Lion||A big tiger|
|Lion||Lower part of the back|
|Meet||To see a person|
|70.||Meter||An instrument for measurement|
|Metre||Measure of length|
|Pane||A window glass|
|73.||Patrol||To guard; to go round|
|75.||Precedent||Example for others|
|Prophet||A divine messenger|
|78.||Recollect||To call back to mind|
|Remember||To keep in memory|
|80.||Road||Way or street|
|82.||Sail||To move on water|
|Sale||Act of selling|
|83.||Sensible||Having good sense|
|84.||Stair||One of the fixed steps|
|Storey||Floor of a house|
|87.||Sweet||Tasting like sugar|
|Sun||Heavenly body giving light and warmth|
|89.||Their||Possessive case of a pronoun ‘they’|
|Vein||Blood vessels in the body|
|92.||Waste||To spend uselessly|
|Waist||Part of the body|
|Week||A period of seven days|
|95.||Wander||Move about aimlessly|
|Wonder||To be surprised|
|96.||Wait||To look forward to; to expect|
|97.||Wood||Hard solid substance obtained from tree|
|Weigh||To measure weight|
|99.||Yarn||Thread for weaving|
|Yearn||To have a keen desire|
|Veil||Cover for the face|
Words Often Confused Practice Exercises Class 6 CBSE
A. Choose the correct option and write it in the blank given below.
1. All the cricketers ____________ Sachin Tendulkar were present in the ground.
2. He is a very ____________ manager.
3. Drink and drive is the main cause of ____________
4. The criminal ____________ that he had killed his son in a fit of anger.
5. We will ____________ you for your success.
6. I wrote many letters but he did not even ____________
7. The young boy ____________ after a long illness.
8. She is sitting ____________ her husband.
9. I was lying on the lower ____________ in the train.
10. By ____________ I entered into the wrong room.
11. A ____________ of eleven thousand was rewarded to the winner.
12. Rajiv Gandhi had a brilliant ____________ as a politician.
13. We cannot use a ____________ at the end of a sentence.
14. There has been ____________ rainfall for two weeks.
15. Your story is not at all ____________
16. It is always very ____________ in winter.
17. The milk is boiling in the ____________
18. My younger brother deals in ____________
19. Teacher noticed my address and contact number in her ____________
20. Columbus ____________ America.
21. Cancer is a deadly ____________
22. He is my ____________ brother.
23. Bread is made from wheat ____________
24. Birds ____________ in the air.
25. Short women wear shoes with high ____________
26. ____________ to what he is saying.
27. My uncle’s coat is too ____________ to wear.
28. I sent you a ____________ yesterday.
29. Vegetarians do not eat ____________
30. There is no gain without ____________
31. Policemen ____________ the streets at night.
32. We must ____________ to God for help.
33. The ____________ of India lives in the President House.
34. The Buddha was a ____________ of peace.
35. My daughter is ____________ happy after her marriage.
36. Spare the ____________ and spoil the child.
37. The rickshaw puller was covered with ____________
38. He is in Japan. I went ____________ to see him.
39. He is too ____________ to walk at the moment.
40. Radha is very fat. She must reduce her ____________
B. Fill in the blanks.
1. The gentle breeze ____________ over the ____________ water, (blue, blew)
2. I want you to ____________ this dress ____________ well that every body likes it. (so, sew)
3. The thieves decided to ____________ the ____________ rods lying on the path. (steal, steel)
4. ____________ the ____________ is good or bad, we will set out on our journey. (whether, weather)
5. She ____________ ____________ cookies, (eight, ate)
6. She was ____________ so she decided to draw something on the black ____________. (board, bored)
7. They had a colourful ____________ for ____________. (sail, sale)