Synonyms And Antonyms Meaning: Antonyms- An antonym is a word that is the opposite meaning of another word. Synonyms- Synonyms are words that are similar or have a related meaning to another word.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other
Synonyms And Antonyms Exercises for Grade 7 CBSE With Answers PDF
A synonym: is a word that has similar meaning or almost same meaning as of the another word.
Synonyms Exercises With Answers Pdf for Class 7 CBSE
A. Fill in the blanks with the synonyms of the words given in brackets.
1. I didn’t wait for her as I was feeling ____________ (reckless) and trapped in my mind.
2. Melman was too (fearful) to leave the place.
3. It is rightly said that the real character of a man is found out by his ____________ (amusements).
4. My mom ____________ (admire) your honesty.
5. Your car is in such a ____________ (deplorable) condition!
6. Ryan had ____________ (doubts) about buying a new bike.
7. You need to have a proper ____________ (excuse) for missing your Karate class.
8. Due to a major knee injury, I had to ____________ (quit) soccer.
9. Santa tries not to ____________ (interfere) in my life.
10. Rakesh’s performance was ____________ (exceptional) in the last competition.
B. Choose the correct synonyms of underlined words.
1. Arun was furious and his face was red.
2. His talks are so obscure that nobody understands them.
3. Pride causes virtue to recede.
4. The discovery of the Dead Sea scroll has greatly enhanced our knowledge of Hebrew.
5. The scientists found a cave containing ancient writings.
An antonym: is a word which is opposite in meaning to another word. For instance, the antonym of ‘good’ is ‘bad.’ There are some more antonyms of the word ‘good’ such as, ‘corrupt,’ ‘evil,’ ‘malicious,’ ‘wicked,’ ‘terrible.’ The learner can use different words to write effectively.
Antonyms Exercises With Answers for Grade 7 CBSE
A. Fill in the blanks with suitable antonyms of the words given in brackets.
1. Deepa asked me to be ____________ (careless) when I go to the trip.
2. Water in this region is ____________ (abundant) and dirty.
3. The calculation made by him is ____________ (accurate).
4. Philanthropy is a ____________ (vice) that is appreciated by mankind.
5. Although the offer was a good one, he ____________ (accept) it.
6. Such international aid agencies often work ____________ (against) each other.
7. He asked the bishop to ____________ (condemn) his sins.
8. The book made me a ____________ (worse) person.
9. The room has been decorated with ____________ (dark) posters.
10. Carmen talked to me in a ____________ (sour) tone.
B. Match the following words with their antonyms.
|1. Amenable||a. Object to|
|2. Deficit||b. Graceful|
|3. Approve||c. Quit|
|4. Clumsy||d. Comment|
|5. Liberate||e. Unwilling|
|6. Strive||f. Barbarous|
|7. Condemn||g. Excess|
|8. Hideous||h. Subjugate|
|9. Civilised||i. Apathy|
|10. Fervour||j. Pleasant|