Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Second Conditional Sentences Exercises for Class 7 With Answers CBSE Pdf
The second conditional uses the simple past after if, then ‘would’ and the infinitive:
if + simple past, …would + infinitive
It has two uses.
First, we can use it to talk about things in the future that are probably not going to be true.
- If I won the lottery, I would buy a big house. (I probably won’t win the lottery)
- If I met the Queen of England, I would say hello.
- She would travel all over the world if she were rich.
- She would pass the exam if she ever studied. (She never studies, so this won’t • happen)
Second, we can use it to talk about something in the present which is impossible, because it’s not true. Is that clear? Have a look at the Examples:
- If I had his number, I would call him. (I don’t have his number now, so it’s impossible for me to call him).
- If I were you, I wouldn’t go to Mumbai.
Answer the following questions.
1. When would Riya buy a lonely island?
2. What would Riya do if she had a house by the beach?
3. When would Riya feel alone?
Second Conditional Sentences Exercises With Answers for Class 7 CBSE
A. Complete the Second Conditional by putting the verbs into the correct form. The first one has been done for you.
1. If we (have) had a yacht, we (sail) would said the seven seas.
2. If he (have) ___________ more time, he (learn) ___________ karate.
3. If they (tell) ___________ their father, he (be) ___________ very angry.
4. She (spend) ___________ a year in the USA if it (be) ___________ easier to get a green card.
5. If I (live) ___________ on a lonely island, I (play) ___________ with sand all day.
6. We (help) ___________ you ¡f we (know) ___________ how.
7. My brother (buy) ___________ a sports car if he (have) ___________ the money.
8. If I (feel) ___________ better, I (go) ___________ to the cinema with you.
9. If you (go) ___________ by bike more often, you (not) ___________ reach in time.
10. She (not/talk) ___________ to you ¡f she (be) ___________ mad at you.
B. Complete the following sentences so that they are in second conditional form.
1. If Amit and Sumit ___________ (to be) older, they ___________ (to play) ¡n our hockey team.
2. If I ___________ (to come) home earlier, I ___________ (to prepare) dinner.
3. If you ___________ (to do) a paper round, you ___________ (to earn) a little extra money.
4. If they ___________ (to have) enough money, they ___________ (to buy) a new car.
5. If Suman ___________ (to study) harder, she ___________ (to be) better at school.
6. If we ___________ (to live) in Rome, Fra ncesco ___________ (to visit) us.
7. If we ___________ (to win) the lottery, we ___________ (to fly) to San Francisco.
8. If he ___________ (to be) my friend, I ___________ (to invite) him to my birthday party.
9. If Mayank ___________ (to get) more pocket money, he ___________ (to ask) Dipika out for dinner.
10. If I ___________ (to meet) Sachin Tendulkar, I ___________ (to ask) for his autograph.