Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other
Reported Speech Exclamatory Sentences Exercises For Class 7 With Answers CBSE Pdf
Those sentences, which express our feelings and emotions, are called exclamatory sentences. Mark of exclamation is used at the end of an exclamatory sentence.
- Hurray! We have won the match.
- Alas! He failed in the test.
- How beautiful that dog is!
- What a marvelous personality you are!
To change exclamatory sentences into Indirect Speech, follow the rules given below along with the above – mentioned rules: In case, there is an interjection i.e., alas, aha, hurray, aha etc in the Reported Speech, then they are omitted along with a sign of exclamation. Reporting verb i.e., said is always replaced with exclaimed with joy, exclaimed with sorrow, exclaimed joyfully, exclaimed sorrowfully or exclaimed with great wonder or sorrow.
In case, there is what or how at the beginning of the Reported Speech, then they are replaced with very or very great.
In an indirect sentence, the exclamatory sentence becomes an assertive sentence.
|Direct Speech||Indirect Speech|
|He said, “Hurray! I have won the match.”||He exclaimed with great joy that he had won the match.|
|She said, “Alas! My brother failed in the test.”||She exclaimed with great sorrow that her brother had failed in the test.|
|They said, “What a beautiful house this is!”||They exclaimed that that house was very beautiful.|
|I said, “How lucky I am!”||I said in great wonder that I was very lucky.|
|You said to him, “What a beautiful drama you are writing!”||You said to him in great wonder that he was writing a beautiful drama.|
Read the picture story.
While talking to Media members, Sachin Tendulkar exclaimed with joy that India had won the match against the Bangladesh in ICC Champions Trophy and had qualified for the final round with a thumping victory.
Answer the following questions.
1. Why did Sachin Tendulkar exclaim with joy?
2. What would be a matter of great pride?
3. What did Sachin hope for India?
Direct And Indirect Speech Exclamatory Sentences Exercises With Answers for Class 7 Pdf
Change the following into indirect speech. The first one has been done for you.
1. Direct: The boy said, “Hurrah! We have won the match.”
Indirect: The boy exclaimed with joy that they had won the match.
2. Direct: The old man said, “Alas! I have lost my purse.”
Indirect: The old man _________ that he had lost his purse.
3. Direct: The child said, “What a beautiful sight!”
Indirect: The child _________ that it was a very beautiful sight.
4. Direct: The girl said, “How beautiful the rainbow is!”
Indirect: The girl _________ that the rainbow was very beautiful.
5. Direct: The candidate said, “How difficult the problem is!”
Indirect: The candidate _________ that the problem was very difficult.
6. Direct: The students said to the teacher, “Good morning, Teacher!”
Indirect: The students _________ their teacher good morning.
7. Direct: “How glad I am,” said Anu, “to meet my friend here.”
Indirect: Anu _________ that she was very glad to meet her friend there.
8. Direct: The Emperor said, “Alas! Our foes are too strong!”
Indirect: The Emperor _________ that their foes were too strong.
9. Direct: “Hurrah!” cried the boy, “I have won a prize.”
Indirect: The boy he _________ had won a prize.
10. Direct: He said, “Hurrah! I got a reward.”
Indirect: He _________ that he had got a reward.
11. Direct: She said, “Alas! I failed in exam.”
Indirect: She _________ that she failed in the exam.
12. Direct: Pawan said, “Wow! What a nice car it is”
Indirect: Pawan _________ that it was a nice car.
13. Direct: She said, “Hurrah! I am selected for the job.”
Indirect: She _________ that she was selected for the job.
14. Direct: He said, “Oh no! I missed the bus.”
Indirect: He _________ that he had missed the bus.
15. Direct speech: They said, “Wow! What a pleasant environment it is.”
Indirect Speech: They _________ that it was a pleasant environment.