Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary English grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Reported Questions Exercises for Class 7 CBSE With Answers Pdf
The sentences, which ask questions, are called interrogative sentences. Every interrogative sentence ends with a sign of interrogation.
- Do you live here?
- Have you ever watched the movie Terminator III?
- Is it raining?
- To convert interrogative sentences into Indirect Speech, follow the following rules along with the above – mentioned rules:
- Reporting Verb SAID TO is changed into ASKED
- If Reporting Speech is having Reporting Verb in the beginning, then IF is used in place of THAT.
- If the Reporting Speech is having interrogative words like who, when, how, why, when then neither IF is used nor any other word is added.
- Full Stop is placed at the end of the sentence instead of mark of interrogation.
|Change in tense||Direct speech||Indirect speech|
|simple present to simple past||Manjiri said, “My sister likes the painting.”||Manjiri said that her sister liked the painting.|
|present continuous to past continuous||Shirish said, “I am studying”.||Shirish said that he was studying.|
|present perfect to past perfect||Tanvi said, “I have read the book.”||Tanvi said that she had read the book.|
|simple past to past perfect||Aunty said, “I studied in Delhi University.”||Aunty said that she had studied in Delhi University.|
|past perfect stays the same||Keerthi said, “My sister had lived in the UK as a child.”||Keerthi said that her sister had lived in the UK as a child.|
|past perfect continuous stays the same||Kai said, “I had been living in Shillong for five years, when I started trekking.”||Kai said he had been living in Shillong for five years, when he had started trekking.|
|simple future to simple past||Anshul said, “I will join this college.”||Anshul said that he would join that college.|
Read the picture story.
Mita asked Ditya how she had spent her holidays. Did she go somewhere with her family? Ditya told her that she had visited her Nani’s house, Jurassic Park, Fun City, and Amusement Park.
Reported Questions And Answers Pdf for Class 7 CBSE
A. Answer the following questions.
1. What did Mita and Ditya talk about?
2. What did Ditya ask Mita?
3. Where did Ditya complete her homework?
B. Change the following sentences into indirect speech. The first one has been done for you.
1. Direct: Veena said to Rosy, “Where are you going?”
Indirect: Veena asked Rosy where she was going.
2. Direct: The teacher asked the new comer, “What is your name?”
3. Direct: The wolf said to the lambs, “Why are you all so sad?”
4. Direct: The mother said to her daughter, “Dear, how have you fared in the examination?”
In direct: ________________________
5. Direct: The shopkeeper said to me, “Which bag do you want?”
6. Direct: She said to him, “Why are you disturbing me?”
7. Direct: I said to the boys, “Who teaches you English?”
8. Direct: Jiwan said to Maya, “What are you doing?”
9. Direct: The old man said to himself, “Why did I come here?”
Reported Questions Exercises Pdf for Class 7 CBSE
A. Change the direct speech into indirect speech.
1. Chetan: “Do you want to dance?”
Chetan asked me ________________________
2. Babita: “When did you come home?”
Babita wanted to know ________________________
3. Mayank: “Has Jiwan arrived?”
Mayank asked me ________________________
4. Ronny: “Where does Mamta park her car?”
Ronny asked me ________________________
5. Easha: “Did you watch the latest film?”
Easha asked me ________________________
6. Mohan: “Can I help you?”
Mohan wanted to know ________________________
7. Alok: “Will Mohan have lunch with Suman?”
Alok asked me ________________________
8. Jatin: “What are you doing?”
Jatin asked me ________________________
9. Firoz: “How much pocket money does Mumtaz get?”
Firoz wanted to know: ________________________
10. Anu: “Must I do the shopping?”
Anu asked: ________________________
B. Complete the sentences in reported speech.
1. “What’s the time?” he asked.
→ He wanted to know _______________
2. “When will we meet again?” she asked me.
→ She asked me _______________
3. “Are you crazy?” she asked him.
→ She asked him _______________
4. “Where did they live?” he asked.
→ He wanted to know _______________
5. “Will you be at the party?” he asked her.
→ He asked her _______________
6. “Can you meet me at the station?” she asked me.
→ She asked me: _______________
7. “Who knows the Answer:?” the teacher asked.
→ The teacher wanted to know _______________
8. “Why don’t you help me?” she asked him.
→ She wanted to know _______________
9. “Did you see that car?” he asked me.
→ He asked me _______________
10. “Have you tidied up your room?” the mother asked the twins.
→ The mother asked the twins: _______________