Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 6 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Present Tense Exercise for Class 6 CBSE With Answers Pdf
The Simple Present Tense
|The simple present tense expresses a general truth or a customary action.|
The earth goes around the sun.
It often snows in winter.
We always wash our hands before meals.
We eat three meals a day.
Father takes the dog for a walk every morning.
|Use the simple present tense to talk about things that are planned for the future.|
The Present Progressive Tense
|the present progressive tense used – To talk about actions in the present, or things that are still going on or happening now.|
I’m playing chess with my friend.
She’s riding a horse.
He’s taking a walk in the park.
The man’s counting the money.
They are practicing tai chi.
We’re rushing to the airport to meet Mr. Smith.
The Present Perfect Tense
|Use the present perfect tense to talk about happenings in the past that explain or affect the present. The verbs have and has are used as “helping” or auxiliary verbs to form the present perfect tense.|
Sam has scored two goals.
I’ve just finished my shower.
Uncle Tom has lost his wallet.
John has gone out.
Simple Present Tense Exercises With Answers for Class 6 CBSE Pdf
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. How long has Rohan been playing the game of marbles?
2. Who has been taught how to play marbles by Rohan?
3. Who makes mistake while playing marbles?
B. Fill in the blanks with ‘since’ or ‘for.
1. I have lived in London ____________ three years.
2. Leila has been a nurse ____________ 1999.
3. We haven’t met ____________ our last year at high school.
4. I have been teaching ____________ a long time.
5. The kids have been on vacation ____________ two weeks.
6. What have you been doing ____________ you left your last job?
7. He has had his laptop ____________ a month.
8. Where have you been working ____________ you had your master’s degree?
9. The shop has been closed ____________ Monday.
10. He has known her ____________ they were five years old.
Present Tense Practice Exercise for Class 6 CBSE
A. Choose the correct verb and write it in the space provided.
Sena ………………………. a cute dog. (has/have)
I ………………………. a bright student. (am/is/are)
Sasha ………………………. many clothes. (has/have)
Ronnie ………………………. a good speaker. (are/is/am)
I ………………………. two cars. (have/has)
Tosha ………………………. three brothers. (have/has)
Muana ………………………. a doctor. (is/am/are)
Most students ………………………. books. (love/loves)
B. Fill in the blanks with appropriate present continuous form of the verb given in the brackets.
1. Hurry up! We ____________ for you. (wait)
2. ‘What are you ____________?’ (do) ‘I ____________ letters.’ (write)
3. He in Italy at the moment, ____________ (work)
4. She doesn’t like to be disturbed when she ____________ (work)
5. The plant bigger everyday. ____________ (get)
C. Fill in the blanks with present perfect tense.
1. I ____________ (finish) the job.
2. you ____________ (eat) your lunch?
3. She ____________ (not return) yet.
4. I ____________ (never see) such a mess.
5. he ____________ (bring) his violin?
6. you ever ____________ (be) to Australia?
7. I ____________ (read) all the plays of Shakespeare.
8. My parents ____________ (never) hurt me.
9. He always ____________ (want) to be a soldier.
10. She ____________ (never apologise) to anybody.
D. Write sentences in present perfect simple tense.
1. They / play / football
2. He / speak / English
3. I / write / a poem
4. We / not / wash / the car
5. Nancy / not / meet / her friends
E. Form questions using present prefect simple tense.
1. They / finish / their homework
2. She / visit / her friend
3. The maid / clean / the house
4. He / drive / the van
5. You / ever / write / a poem
F. Write the verbs into the correct form (present perfect simple).
1. I (not/work) today.
2. We (not/plan) our holiday yet.
3. She (not/see) her mother for a long time.
G. Write the verbs into the correct form (present perfect simple or continuous).
1. I think the waiter (forget) us. We (wait) here for over half an hour and nobody (take) our order yet.
2. I think you’re right. He (walk) by us at least twenty times. He probably thinks we (order, already).
H. Fill in the blanks such that the sentences are in present tense.
1. Parul _____________ karate class every Saturday, (attend)
2. The market _____________ usually noisy in the morning, (to be)
3. The delivery man _____________ the parcel already, (delivery)
4. The athletes _____________ for Canada tomorrow, (leave)
5. Anita _____________ her room for the past hour, (paint)
6. The breadman _____________ to our housing estate every evening, (come)
7. Abhishek _____________ badminton since primary school, (play)
8. The meeting _____________ due to lack of quorum, (postpone)
9. You are late. The bus _____________ already, (leave)
10. Everyone _____________ about Lin Dan’s achievement in the Beijing Olympics, (talk)
11. When in season, we _____________ durians almost every other day. (eat)
12. Be patient. The circus _____________ in a few minutes’ time, (start)
13. Palak is not here. She _____________ a seminar in Delhi City, (attend)
14. I _____________ the orphan a number of times since I first met him. (help)
15. The eldest brother _____________ the family since his father passed away, (support)