Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 6 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Possessive Exercise for Class 6 CBSE With Answers and Examples Pdf
- Possessives are used to indicate ownership.
- POSSESSIVE NOUNS are usually formed by adding an apostrophe (‘) and s. Pawan’s book / Kiran’s car / Grandma’s mirror
- When a noun is plural and ends in s, just add an apostrophe ().
- The kids’ toys / My parents’ house / The teachers’ lounge
- If two people own one thing, add the apostrophe and s to the second person only.
- Jiwan and Maya’s new house / Deepak and Jyoti’s wedding / Tarun and Dilip’s car
- If two people own separate things, add the apostrophe and s for each person.
- Suman’s and Babita’s books /Jiwan’s and Dilip’s pants /Bunty’s and Jiwan’s offices
For example, in the phrase, “These books are mine, not yours”, the words “mine” and “yours” are possessive pronouns and stand for “my books” and “your books,“ respectively.
The words “mine, yours, his, hers, its, ours, theirs” are possessive pronouns. They show who or what something belongs to.
Possessive adjectives – my, your, his, her, its, our, your, their – modify the noun following it in order to show possession.
- I’ll get my bag.
- Is this your luggage?
1. Describe narrator’s house.
2. What belongs to narrator’s according to the story?
3. What belongs to Parveen according to the story?
Possessive Practice Exercise for Class 6 CBSE
A. Re-write the sentences using a possessive noun.
The (animal/animal’s) fur keeps it warm. The animal’s fur keeps it warm. (Animals)
1. The (birds/bird’s) nest is in my yard. _____________
2. The (squirrels/squirrel’s) tail is bushy. _____________
3. The (dog’s/dogs) owner is very responsible. _____________
4. The (childrens/children’s) trip to the zoo was fun. _____________
5. The (puppys/puppy’s) tail wags when he is happy. _____________
6. The (duck’s/ducks) home is near the lake. _____________
7. The (man’s/mans) tools got wet in the rain. _____________
8. The (boys/boy’s) backpack was in the closet. _____________
B. Replace the personal pronouns by possessive adjectives. The first one has been done for you.
1. Where is (I) my book?
2. Here is (we) _____________ teacher.
3. She goes to school with (she) _____________ brother
4. (They) _____________ father works in a car factory.
5. (You) _____________ laptop is very expensive.
6. (He) _____________ favourite hobby is tennis.
7. (I) _____________ husband and I want to go to Paris.
8. We want to see (it) _____________ architecture.
9. Leila likes (she) _____________ dog!
10. (He) _____________ name is Bobby.
C. Write the possessive adjective in the following blanks. The first one has been done for you.
1. Two students didn’t do their Mathematics homework.
2. I have a car _____________ colour is black.
3. We have a dog. _____________ name is Browny.
4. Nancy is from England. _____________ husband is from Australia.
5. Anu and Nanda go to a high school. _____________ little brother goes to primary school.
6. Alok has a van. _____________ van is very old.
7. We go to a high school. _____________ hool is fantastic.
8. I like singing. _____________ mother sings with me.
9. François and Alain are French. _____________ family are from France.
10. Maya likes grandmother. _____________ She often visits her.
D. Write the correct possessive pronoun for each sentence.
- That car belongs to me.
- Answer That car is mine.
1. That book belongs to those kids. That book is _____________
2. This bicycle belongs to my neighbour Pawan. This bicycle is _____________
3. This scarf belongs to my aunt Tina. This scarf is _____________
4. This toy belongs to you. This toy is _____________
5. This apartment belongs to me and my cousin. This apartment is _____________
6. These purses belong to my mother. These purses are _____________
7. Those cookies belong to my sister’s friends. Those cookies are _____________
8. These suitcases belong to you and your wife. These suitcases are _____________
9. That pillow belongs to me. That pillow is _____________
10. That lamp belongs to my aunt and uncle. That lamp is _____________