A notice is a formal means of communication. The purpose of a notice is to announce or display information to a specific group of people. Notices are generally meant to be pinned up on specific display boards whether in schools or in public places. Notices issued by the government appear in newspapers.
A Notice gives the reader some information regarding an important event that is about to happen or that has happened. It is usually displayed publicly. It is a formal piece of writing and involves a specific style.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 6 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other
Notice Writing Class 6 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises
A notice is written in order to inform people or pupils (in a school) about an event or an activity.
It could be about a competition, an exhibition or inauguration that is going to take place in the near future. Or any other activities especially in school like an excursion, a meeting or a show.
Characteristics of an effective notice:
To the point
- Good notice is always to the point and leaves no scope for further enquiries without compromising on the word limit (50 words).
- It should be formal.
Clearly stated purpose
A notice should contain all the necessary details such as:
- the name of the organisation issuing the notice
- the title ‘NOTICE’
- a heading to introduce the subject of the notice
- the date
- the body of the notice
- the writer’s signature, name (in block letters), and designation
Notice Writing for Class 6 CBSE Sample Example With Answer
You are Srikant Verma, a student of class VI-C of Blooming Dale Public School, Pune. You lost your English Textbook in the school premises. Giving details of the book, draft a notice (in about 50 words) to be put up on the school notice board. Announce a suitable reward for the finder. Put the notice in a box.
Blooming Dale Public School, PUNE
August 10, 2017
LOST ENGLISH TEXTBOOK
An English textbook was lost in school premises on 7th August, i.e. Saturday. It is a hardbound book of class VI published by Raman Publishers. If found, please return it to the undersigned. A suitable reward is promised.
Notice Writing for Class 6 CBSE Sample Practice Example
1. You have been promoted to the senior class. You want to give your old books to a needy student. Draft a notice of about 50 words. You are Soumya, studying in class VI-A of Vikas Public School.
- books of all subjects
- good condition
- can collect in last period
2. You are Krish, a student of Class VI. You have lost an expensive watch in the school premises. Draft a notice to be put up on the school notice board giving details of the watch and offering a suitable reward. Use not more than 50 words.