A message is a short, informal piece of writing conveying information received over the telephone, public address system or in person, to a person for whom the information was intended but who was not at hand to receive the information.
In other words, it is a piece of information given by a third person to be passed on to a particular person. Messages must be brief, yet have all the information. It is usually a telephonic message that has to be reported/passed on to someone.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 6 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other
Message Writing for Class 6 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises PDF
- A message is an informal means of communication.
- The receiver of the message has to sift through the given message and pick out the most vita! bits of information.
- Then, he/she should be able to reproduce that information in order to convey it to the person for whom it is intended.
- Only the most important details should be written.
- No new information should be added.
- Grammatically correct sentences should be used.
- Indirect or reported speech should be used.
- The message should be presented within a box.
- The word limit for a message is 50 words.
- No need to write sender’s or receiver’s address.
- Brief Salutation e.g Dear Uncle
- Time/Date on either side of the box
- Put the entire content in the Box.
- Self made information should be avoided.
- Sender’s name and Signature at the end of the passage.
- Abbreviations and Symbols can be used.
- Tense should be correct.
Message Writing for Class 6 CBSE Sample Example With Answer
Format of Writing a Message
1. Read the following telephone conversation between Mrs Pandit and Shikha. Shikha is about to leave for school within five minutes and her mother is not at home for the moment. Write this message on behalf of Shikha.
Mrs Pandit: Hello, is that Mrs Kaushik ?
Shikha: No, I am her daughter, Shikha speaking. May I know who is speaking ?
Mrs Pandit: I am Mrs Pandit speaking from Arya Enclave. I wanted to speak to your mother urgently.
Shikha: She is not at home now, Aunt. She has just gone out. If there is some message I shall give her.
Mrs Pandit: OK, then. Please tell your mother about me. Mrs Kaushlaya and Mrs Sampat were to come today to your house at 2.30 pm. But they shall not be coming. Ask your mama to reach Mrs Gupta’s house in Green Park at 3 pm ; she knows the address. This is urgent.
Shikha: You needn’t worry, aunt. I shall leave this message on the messages slip before I go to school.
Mrs Pandit: Thank you, dear.
Shikha: Thank you, aunt.
There was a telephone from Mrs Pandit. Mrs Kaushlaya, Mrs Sampat and Pandit aunty were to come to our house at 2.30 pm today. They are not coming. Mrs Pandit asked me to tell you to reach Mrs Gupta’s house in Green Park today at 3 pm positively.
Message Writing for Class 6 CBSE Practice Examples
A. Read the telephonic conversation between Rohit and Vishal. Vishal is going for his tuition class, so he leaves a message for Manav. Write his message in not more than 50 words.
Rohit: Hello! Could I speak to Manav?
Vishal: He is not at home. May I know who is on the line?
Rohit: I am Rohit, your neighbour.
Vishal: Rohit, I am Manav’s elder brother, Vishal. How are you?
Rohit: I am fine. Could you take my message for him?
Vishal: Yes sure.
Rohit: Tell him that I need my social studies book as soon as possible that he took yesterday. I have to make a school project. Also tell him to give me guidance for the project when he comes back.
Vishal: Ok, I will convey your message.
Rohit: Thank you, Bye.
B. Read the telephonic conversation between Mrs. Sharma and Sham and later Sham leave this message for his sister, Ekta. Write the message for Sham in not more than 50 words.
Mrs. Sharma : Hello sham, Mummy here!
Sham : Yes Mom, tell me fast, I am leaving for my tennis classes.
Mrs. Sharma : Dear I am held up in the office for an urgent meeting. I won’t be home before 8.30 p.m.
Sham : Don’t worry, Ekta and I will manage.
Mrs. Sharma : Don’t fight with her and do watch her homework.
Sham : Okay mom! I will do so.
Mrs. Sharma : On my way back home I’ll carry dinner for all of us. Bye and take care.
Sham : Bye mom. Take care.