Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Demonstrative Exercises for Class 7 CBSE Examples Pdf
Demonstratives are words that show which person or thing is being referred to, in a sentence:
- This is my brother’.
- ‘This’ is a demonstrative.
The demonstratives in English are this, that, these, and those. Demonstrative pronouns vs demonstrative adjectives. A distinction must be made between demonstrative adjectives (or demonstrative determiners) and demonstrative pronouns (or independent demonstratives).
A demonstrative adjective modifies a noun.
This apple is good. I like those houses. (This modifies ‘apple’ and those modifies ‘houses’). A demonstrative pronoun stands on its own, replacing rather than modifying a noun. This is good. I like those. (This and those don’t modify any nouns they stand alone and replace other nouns.)
Use of demonstratives:
- Demonstratives differ according to :distance: near or far, or number: singular or plural. Here are the main distinctions:
- This modifies or refers to singular nouns that are near the speaker.
- That modifies or refers to singular nouns that are far from the speaker.
- These modifies or refers to plural nouns that are near the speaker.
- Those modifies or refers to plural nouns that are far from the speaker.
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions.
1. Which students are declared as final contestants?
2. What are the criteria of selection of contestants?
3. How is the declamation contest beneficial for the narrator of the story?
B. Fill in the blanks below with this, that, these and those.
Near: __________ (Singular) __________ (Plural)
Far: __________ (Singular) __________ (Plural)
Demonstrative Exercises With Answers for Class 7
1. This phone is new.
2.__________ closet is for her coats.
3.__________ books are about business.
4 __________ computer is old.
5.__________ pens are very good.
6.__________ window is open.
7.__________ papers are for the meeting.
8. __________ cabinet is for paper clips, folders, and general office things.
9. __________ picture is a photograph of her family.
10. __________ folders are for the sales reports.
B. Underline the demonstrative pronouns and demonstrative adjectives. Write ‘D’ for the demonstrative pronoun and ‘A’ for the demonstrative adjectives. The first one has been done for you.
1 A Those cattle are running away.
2. __________ This is the last straw.
3. __________ I gave you those books yesterday.
4. __________ I will forget this if I don’t write it down.
5. __________ These actors are very skilled.
6. __________ I can readily see that.
7. __________ This fruit is rotten.
8. __________ Give me that hat.
9. __________ That is all there is.
10. __________ Those are stinky.
C. Rewrite the sentences in ‘plural form’. The first one has been done for you.
1. That is a dictionary. Those are dictionaries.
2. That is a baby. __________
3. ‘This is a present __________
4. This is an umbrella __________
5. That isn’t a hamster. __________
6. Is that a newspaper? __________
7. Is this a postcard? __________
8. Is that a Spanish flag? __________
9. Is this a fly? __________
10. Is this a sheep? __________
D. Put the words in the correct order. The first one has been done for you.
1. over there/box/is/that/a Is that a box over there?
2. what/pillows/are/colour/these __________?
3. this/her/is/play station/new __________
4. difficult/are/exercises/these __________
5. that/whose/is/village __________?
6. knives/those/look/at __________
7. daughters/my/are/these __________
8. guests/are/in/garden/those/the/our __________
9. this/model’s/is/ favourite/your/poster __________
10. eyeglasses/are/my/these/father’s __________
E. Fill in the blanks with ‘this’, ‘that’, ‘these’, or ‘those’.
Ex: “This is a bus and these are cars”.
1. __________ a wolf and __________ wolves, (far)
2. __________ some oil and __________ some sugar cubes, (near)
3. __________ a mouse and __________ mice, (near)
4.__________ a fish and __________ fish, (near)
5. __________ a toy and __________ some toys, (far)
F. Write the questions to these Answer:s.
- A: “What is this?”
- B: “It’s a subway.”
1. __________ ? (that)
It’s a butterfly.
2. __________ ? (those)
3. __________? (these)
4. __________ ? (this)
It’s a ticket.
5. __________ ? (those)