These include letters of enquiry/ asking for information, replying to letters received, placing orders and sending acknowledgement, cancelling orders, letters of complaint, making requests and appeals.
Looking for an easy way to learn English Grammar? then you are in right place. Here we providing basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc…
Business Letter Class 11 Format, Examples, Samples, Topics Pdf
Format Of Business Letter
You had sent some books through Rechard Courier Services Private Limited, New Delhi, to your brother living in Baroda. After a week, your brother reported that he had not received the books. The local office of the company does not have any satisfactory answer to your verbal complaint. Write a letter to the Managing Director, Rechard Courier Service Private Limited at their head office in Nehru Place, New Delhi, stating the facts and asking for immediate action. You are Kusum Singhal /Avinash Pandey of 180, Rajnath Nagar, New Delhi.
Business Letter Writing Exercises With Answers Pdf Class 11 CBSE
Write a letter to Lightways Sports, Amrapalli, Thane, placing an order for sports articles (minimum 4) to be supplied to your school, ABC Matriculation School, Civil Lines, Pune. Sign as Ravi/Raveena, Sports Secretary.
ABC Matriculation School
Civil Lines, Pune-411013
11th March, 20XX
Subject Sports Articles for the School
As the Sports Day of the school is being held next month, we want you to supply the following sports articles as soon as possible, so that the students can practice for the various sports tournaments.
|I. Footballs||Nivea||4||IV. Batting gloves (pairs)||SVG||8|
|II. Cricket bats||SVG||6||V. Basket balls||Spalding||4|
|III. Cricket balls||SVG||6||VI. Tennis balls||Cosco||12|
Please send the goods to the school on any weekday between 8 am and 2 pm. You are also requested to send the bill after allowing the discount permissible for schools. Payment will be made after the consigilfnent is received and checked by the Games department of the school.
Further, please ensure the quality of the consignment. If defects are found in the goods, the whole consignment will be returned without any payment.
As Krishna Kant, you had employed the services of Decent Packers, 1469, D Block, Connaught Place, New Delhi to pack and transport your household goods and car to Chennai. Complain to the manager for late delivery of goods and damage caused to the goods.
170, Karamveer Nagar
New Delhi – 110075
4th September, 20XX
The Manager Decent Packers
1469, D Block Connaught Place
New Delhi – 110001
Subject Complaint Regarding Late Delivery and Damage of Goods
This is to bring to your kind notice that I shifted my household goods and car to Chennai and had asked for your services to pack and transport the goods. However, I regret to inform you that the package of goods has still not been delivered at Chennai even 7 days after they were sent from here. Only the car has been delivered and that too in a damaged condition. One rear door of the car has been severely damaged. It is extremely distressing to observe this inefficiency of your company.
I want to claim compensation for the damage to the car. I request you to kindly look into the matter and find out where my goods are and take necessary steps to inform me about the status of trAnswer:fer of goods. I hope to receive an early response from your end.
Write a letter to the Chairman of the National Library to open a furnished library in your locality.
C /10, Sector 12 RK Puram
7th January, 20XX
National Library J-17, Saket
Subject Request for a Library
I request you to arrange a public library in our locality. It will become a part of better civic amenities in the area. The library will help the school children as well as the college students to upgrade their knowledge for competitive exams. It would provide them a quiet peace to study. Moreover, it will be beneficial to the residents of the area for improving their knowledge. The library should have a separate section for issue and return of the books.
I therefore earnestly request you to look into the matter and open a branch of your esteemed library in this area. I hope to receive a positive response from your end.
You are Anjali/Ajay Dev of House No 101, Sector 22, Meerut. You are greatly disturbed by the insanitary condition prevailing in your city. Write a letter to the Chairman of the Municipal Corporation, Meerut, throwing light on it and seeking cooperation in keeping the city clean.
House No 101
Meerut – 250002
17th January, 20XX
B-14, Sector 7
Meerut – 250002
Subject Insanitary Condition in the City
I am constrained to bring to your kind notice that our locality is in a disgraceful condition due to lack of proper civic amenities. The streets are not swept regularly. In fact, the sweepers have not been seen from the last one month. As a result, piles of garbage can be seen everywhere in the society. The filth on the roads is further getting scattered by stray dogs.
It is becoming very difficult to breathe in this smelly environment. Th’e sweepers had earlier piied heaps of rubbish on the roadside which has bred harmful insects.
I therefore request you to investigate the matter and help in keeping the city clean, otherwise our city may have a serious outbreak of cholera in the near future.
As a regular bus commuter from NOIDA to Delhi, you have been witnessing rash driving by the bus drivers daily without exception. Write a letter to the General Manager, Delhi transport Corporation, about this problem. You are Priti /Pranav Gupta from 16, Ashok Vihar, Phase 2, NOIDA.
16, Ashok Vihar, Phase 2
18th January, 20XX
The General Manager
Delhi transport Corporation,
Delhi – 110002
Subject Complaint against Rash Driving by Bus Drivers
I want to bring to your kind notice that rash and reckless driving by DTC bus drivers on the city roads has taken a turn for the worse.
I am a regular commuter by bus from NOIDA to Delhi. I have been witnessing rash driving by the bus drivers daily without exception. The buses are driven at high speed to overtake other buses and most of the time the drivers end up having quarrels and fights with the drivers of other private buses. Last weekend the bus I was in met with an accident. The driver was not even carrying a valid driving licence. Drink and drive cases against these drivers have also risen recently. I therefore earnestly request you to look into the problem as early as possible to prevent the recurrence of such events in future. In this regard, a strict time-table for the buses should be maintained. The licences of the concerned drivers should be renewed at the legally designated intervals.
Business Letter Writing Exercises Pdf Class 11 CBSE
1. As Avinash Aneja, librarian of Swami Vivekanand Sr Secondary School, Vikaspuri, New Delhi, you have to buy dictionaries and encyclopaedias. Write a letter to Universal Book Suppliers, 14 Gali Ramnath, Chandni Chowk, Delhi asking them for a list of such books available with them, their publishers, special discounts for institutions, time taken for delivery and mode of payment.
2. You are Manish/ Manisha Verma living at 59, Saraswati Enclave, Sector 9, Rohini, New Delhi. You wish to make a pilgrimage to Badrinath, Kedarnath and Haridwar with your family of four members. Write a letter to Ideal Pilgrims Tours and Travels, D-22, Connaught Place, New Delhi, enquiring about the schedule of their conducted tours by deluxe buses to these places. Ask about the charges, staying and boarding arrangements and the total time needed for the tour.
3. You are Suresh Mathur. You bought a new scooter manufactured by Plaza Company from Pinky Automobiles Ltd, Industrial Area, Chandigarh. Three months after you purchased the scooter, the brakes failed, gears stopped working and the petrol tank started leaking. You took the scooter to various repair shops. All of them told you that the spare parts are not available. Write to Plaza Company asking them to either replace the scooter or provide the spare parts.
4. You are greatly disturbed by loudspeakers blaring at high volume, particularly during festivals. Use of loudspeakers is made without caring for the peace of local residents. Write a letter to the Superintendent of Police of your area requesting him to strictly enforce the law which prohibits the use of loudspeakers beyond 11 PM. You are Rishiraj Narain, living at R-25, Sector 14, RK Puram, New Delhi.
5. Write a letter to- the Traffic Manager, Northern Railway, New Delhi, reporting the loss of your suitcase during your journey from Kolkata to New Delhi in Rajdhani Express.
6. You are Shobhit Sanwal, a student of class XI living in Sector 37, Faridabad. You want three books which are not available in the market. Write a letter to Atma Ram and Sons Booksellers, Kashmiri Gate, Delhi to send you the desired books by VPP.