Articles are written to give information in a wide range of contexts for magazines or newspapers. They are a relatively long and sustained piece of writing. They give information on a variety of themes such as describing an event, person, someone’s life and actions, places and experiences. They can also be an expression of the writer’s opinions on topics of social interest, or arguments for or against a topic and they often offer suggestions.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 6 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other
Article Writing Topics for Class 6 CBSE Format, Examples Pdf
What is Article Writing?
An article is an expression of one’s thought on an issue or a subject logically and coherently written in meaningful paragraphs. Writing an article is a challenging task. It needs creativity, good vocabulary, good knowledge of the subject and skills to organise ideas.
- To focus on themes like social concern, narrating an event, description of a place, etc.
The format of the article should be as follows:
Points to Remember:
- Give a title that catches the attention of the reader.
- Begin with a striking opening sentence which addresses the readers and gets them interested in the topic.
- Present a strong argument for your ideas supporting it with evidence or elaboration.
- Use linking devices (however, therefore, although, even though, in order to…) to make the composition appear as a whole.
- Introduce a new point at the beginning of each paragraph that follows, to strengthen your ideas.
- Develop your ideas as much as you can to make them interesting and substantial.
- Conclude with your strongest point.
- Use passive voice, humour, emotive language, rhetorical questions to provide a specific effect.
Article Writing Topics for Class 6 CBSE Sample Example With Answer
Look at the following example of an article that appeared in a leading daily about the changing role of women in Indian society.
Changing Role of Women
The traditional image of a woman being confined to the four walls of the house has been changed. This has impacted the society tremendously.
Unlike decades back when household chores occupied women for hours, the present-day woman has various machines to slave for her. She has a machine for virtually all jobs such as the washing machine, refrigerator, oven, and dishwasher. This helps her complete her job in a fraction of the time leaving her with plenty of time to pursue her career or do more productive jobs.
Some object to women working outside giving the argument that the children are neglected. They are left unsupervised. But these days many women successfully combine a career with running a home. They ensure quality time to the children and are perfect role models for them.
In addition to giving a woman her own space and personal satisfaction, a working woman contributes tremendously to the society. One hears of a serious shortage of doctors, teachers and nurses. In this state it is extremely wasteful to give years of training, and then not put the education to its full potential. A woman’s education will certainly be useful at home, but will be more widely utilized if she follows it as a profession.
The situation in our society is gradually improving, yet there are many battles yet to be won.
Article Writing Topics for Class 6 CBSE Practice Example
A. Ria has visited a hill station recently. She was disturbed to see the plight of the green forest. She wanted to write a short article for her school magazine on ‘Trees and Their Importance’. As Ria, write an article in about 120 words.