Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other
Active And Passive Voice Imperative Sentences Exercise With Answers for Class 7 CBSE CBSE Pdf
These are the sentences in which we express our feelings and emotions like command, order, advice, and request.
Passive Imperative Sentence Formation:
- Lets + object + be/Not be +past participle or 3rd form.
For sentences containing, request, advice and order, we will use you are requested to, advised to and ordered to.
Always remove please and kind if they are given in the sentence.
|Active Voice||Passive Voice|
|Shut the door.||Let the door be shut.|
|Post the letter at once.||Let the letter be posted at once.|
|Always speak the truth.||Let the truth always be spoken.|
|Do not starve the cow.||Let the cow not be starved.|
|Let him help his brother.||Let his brother be helped by him.|
|Clean your room.||Let your room be cleaned.|
|Learn your lesson.||Let your lesson be learnt.|
|Please do me a favour tonight.||You are requested to do me a favour tonight.|
|Get out of my house.||You are ordered to get out of my house.|
|Kindly do not smoke in public place.||You are requested not to smoke in public place.|
To make passive voice, first of all you have to use the following rules.
1. Change the object into subject. If in object, we have a pronoun of object case we convert them by following rules.
2. Change the subject into object. And use by before the object. If in subject, we have a pronoun of nominative case convert that by the following rules.
An imperative sentence is changed from active to passive voice according to the message contained in the sentence. For this purpose words used are as follows:
|If it contains an order or a command||You are ordered to or You are commanded to|
|If it contains a request||You are requested to|
|If it contains an advice||You are advised to|
|If it contains a negative order||You are forbidden to|
|If it contains ‘Let us’ : proposed that we should||It is suggested that we should or It is|
|It is time to (verb first form)||It is time for (object) to be (verb third form)|
Read the picture story.
Students, please pay attention. Our school is organising a camp for orphan students. You are requested to bring some useful articles and essential items for then.
Answer the following questions.
1. What is the school going to organize?
2. What does the teacher suggest not to bring for orphan students?
3. What does a teacher advice to bring?
Active and Passive Voice Interrogative Sentences Worksheets for Class 7 Pdf
A. Change the following imperative sentences into passive voice. The first one has been done for you.
1. Leave the room at once.
You are ordered to leave the room at once.
2. Bring a glass of water for me.
3. Go to market immediately.
4. Please help me.
5. Please take pity on him.
6. Please keep this book on the table.
7. Always speak the truth.
8. Always respect your elders.
9. Leave the room, please.
10. It is time to start the work.
11. It is time to revise the lesson.
12. It is time to say prayers.
C. Change the following imperative sentence into passive voice using ‘Let’.
1. Respect your elders.
2. Start your work now.
3. Close the window.
4. Help the poor.
5. Do not insult the beggar.
6. Obey your parents.
7. Mind your own business.
8. Do not take overripe fruit.
9. Let us start our work.