Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Active and Passive Voice Exercises for Class 7 With Answers CBSE Pdf
The form of verb which tells whether the subject (person or object) of a sentence do something or something has been done to the subject is called voice.
Active Voice: A verb is said to be in the Active Voice when the subject acts or when the emphasis is on the doer or the subject.
- Mohan sang a song.
- Here, the subject Mohan is acting.
Passive Voice: A verb is in the Passive Voice when the subject is being acted upon or when the emphasis is on the object or the work done.
- A song was sung by Mohan.
- Here, the (song) subject is being acted upon.
The sentence must have objects. If there is no object then there must be a questioning statement which of the asks the object. Object active sentence becomes the subject of passive sentence. The word ‘by’ is used before the subject in sentences in passive voice. 3rd form of Verb is always used as the main verb in sentences of passive voice for all tenses. The places of subject and object are interchanged i.e. the object shifts to the place of subject and subject shifts to the place of object in the passive voice.
Auxiliary verbs are used in passive voice according to the tenses.
Change Of Pronouns In Active And Passive Voice
Active and Passive voice in the simple present tense.
Active and Passive voice in simple past tense.
Active and Passive voice in simple Future tense.
Active and Passive voice ¡n present progressive tense.
Active and Passive voice ¡n past progressive tense.
Active and Passive voice in the present perfect tense.
Active and Passive voice in past perfect tense.
Active And Passive Voice Exercises For Class 7 CBSE
A. Change the following sentences into Passive Voice.
1. He is catching fish.
2. She was cooking vegetables.
5. They buy fish every day.
6. She gave us the news.
7. He wrote me a letter.
8. She made us some tea.
B. Rewrite the following sentences, in Passive Voice.
1. You should check the figures carefully.
2. Somebody found a wallet and some important documents near the bus stop.
5. No one has ever defeated him in archery or javelin – throwing.
6. She hurt her leg in the match.
7. They fought a bitter battle here years ago.
8. He gave me ninety rupees change at the shop.
9. Someone told them to go away.
10. Someone should hang the bunting up before the carnival starts.
C. Change the following sentences into passive voice.
1. The police caught a notorious thief.
2. The dog was licking at the strangers passing by.
3. The organiser briefed all the participants about the rules.
4. Someone took Salsa’s handbag by mistake.
5. The mechanic has repaired my car.
6. Mother is planting some vegetables at the backyard.
7. The judge will announce the results soon.
8. The secretary is typing out the duty roster.
9. I am afraid someone has broken into the office again.
10. The prefects will carry out a spot check next week.
D. Complete the sentences using one of these verbs in the correct form. The first one has been done for you.
caused – hold – invite – overtake – translate
damage – include – make – show – write
1. Many accidents are caused by dangerous driving.
2. Cheese _________ from milk.
3. The roof of the building _________ by a storm a few days ago.
4. There’s no need to leave a tip. Service _________ in the bill.
5. You _________ to the wedding. Why didn’t you go?
6. A cinema is a place where films _________
7. In the United States, elections for the President _________ every four years.
8. Originally the book _________ in Spanish and a few years ago it _________ into English.
9. We were driving along quite fast but we _________ by lots of other cars.
E. Complete the following passage with suitable correct passive form of the verb given in brackets.
1. A new bill (a) _________ (introduce) in the Parliament during the next session. The draft of the bill (b) _________ (examine) currently by experts. It (c) _________ (send) to the experts in December last year.
2. It (a) _________ (hope) that the Metro Rail System in Delhi will prove a boon to the Delhiites. The transport problem for the daily commuters (b) _________ (solve) to a great extent. But it will be a success only if it could (c) _________ (complete) within the stipulated time.
3. At the time of partition in 1947, thousands of people (a) _________ (massacre). It (b) _________ (write) in history that Indians (c) _________ (divide) in the name of religion.
4. This (a) _________ (view) in general that women watch tragic T.V. serials, based on pathetic plight of women, while humourous and comedy serials (b) _________ (watch) by the gents. Cartoon based programmes (c) _________ (prefer) by the children.
5. Last year my birthday (a) _________ (celebrate) with great pomp and show. A birthday cake (b) _________ (bring). It (c) _________ (light) with candle sticks.
6. For preparing coffee, some water (a) _________ (take). Milk, sugar and coffee powder (b) _________ (add). The coffee then (c) _________ (serve) Hot.
7. For preparing cake, some maida (a) _________ (take). Ghee and sugar are mixed. Then baking powder (b) _________ (add). The cake then (c) _________ (bake) for 40 minutes.
8. Generally the village hospital (a) _________ (close) by nine in the evening. So I hurried to the hospital with Veer Singh. The doctor (b) _________ (find) in the room. Veer Singh (c) _________ (examine) by the doctor.