Looking for an easy way to Learning of new elementary english grammar and composition for class 7 answers, Solutions. You have to learn basic English Grammar topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Active and Passive Voice Exercises for Class 7 With Answers CBSE Pdf
Columbus discovered America
Agent: Doer/ Performer of an action.
Theme: Receiver of an action.
When to use Passive Voice:
- When the focus in on a theme, a sentence is used in passive mode:
- America was discovered by Columbus
- When an agent is generally known:
- I was born in 1985. (generally known by mother)
- I was taught very well. (generally known by teacher)
When to retain an agent in passive voice:
The agent of passives is retained when it gives new or essential information.
- I was invited to the party by Mr. Saleem.
- The bulb was discovered by Thomas Edison.
Change of Tense in Active and Passive Voice
|Tense of Modal + Tense||Active Voice||Passive Voice|
shall/will be beaten
|am/is/are beating was/were beating shall/will be beating||am/is/are being beaten was/were being beaten|
shall/will have beaten
|have/has been beaten|
had been beaten
shall/will have been beaten
Active And Passive Voice Exercises For Class 7 CBSE
A. Decide whether the sentences are written in active voice and passive voice.
1. I live Kane. (Active/Passive)
2. The game had been won by the blue team. (Active/Passive)
3. The letter was written by Marshall. (Active/Passive)
4. Thomas feeds the dog. (Active/Passive)
5. Julie answered the question. (Active/Passive)
6. Someone is repairing that instrument. (Active/Passive)
7. The assignment has been finished by me.(Active/Passive)
8. They will advertise the product on television. (Active/Passive)
9. I have sold my bicycle. (Active/Passive)
10. I was not given the keys. (Active/Passive)
B. Rewrite the following sentences, in Passive Voice.
1. You should check the figures carefully.
2. Somebody found a wallet and some important documents near the bus stop.
5. No one has ever defeated him in archery or javelin – throwing.
6. She hurt her leg in the match.
7. They fought a bitter battle here years ago.
8. He gave me ninety rupees change at the shop.
9. Someone told them to go away.
10. Someone should hang the bunting up before the carnival starts.
C. Change the following sentences into passive voice.
1. The police caught a notorious thief.
2. The dog was licking at the strangers passing by.
3. The organiser briefed all the participants about the rules.
4. Someone took Salsa’s handbag by mistake.
5. The mechanic has repaired my car.
6. Mother is planting some vegetables at the backyard.
7. The judge will announce the results soon.
8. The secretary is typing out the duty roster.
9. I am afraid someone has broken into the office again.
10. The prefects will carry out a spot check next week.
D. Complete the sentences using one of these verbs in the correct form. The first one has been done for you.
caused – hold – invite – overtake – translate
damage – include – make – show – write
1. Many accidents are caused by dangerous driving.
2. Cheese _________ from milk.
3. The roof of the building _________ by a storm a few days ago.
4. There’s no need to leave a tip. Service _________ in the bill.
5. You _________ to the wedding. Why didn’t you go?
6. A cinema is a place where films _________
7. In the United States, elections for the President _________ every four years.
8. Originally the book _________ in Spanish and a few years ago it _________ into English.
9. We were driving along quite fast but we _________ by lots of other cars.
E. Complete the following passage with the suitable correct passive form of the verb given in brackets.
1. A new bill (a) _________ (introduce) in the Parliament during the next session. The draft of the bill (b) _________ (examine) currently by experts. It (c) _________ (send) to the experts in December last year.
2. It (a) _________ (hope) that the Metro Rail System in Delhi will prove a boon to the Delhiites. The transport problem for the daily commuters (b) _________ (solve) to a great extent. But it will be a success only if it could (c) _________ (complete) within the stipulated time.
3. At the time of partition in 1947, thousands of people (a) _________ (massacre). It (b) _________ (write) in history that Indians (c) _________ (divide) in the name of religion.
4. This (a) _________ (view) in general that women watch tragic T.V. serials, based on pathetic plight of women, while humourous and comedy serials (b) _________ (watch) by the gents. Cartoon based programmes (c) _________ (prefer) by the children.
5. Last year my birthday (a) _________ (celebrate) with great pomp and show. A birthday cake (b) _________ (bring). It (c) _________ (light) with candle sticks.
6. For preparing coffee, some water (a) _________ (take). Milk, sugar and coffee powder (b) _________ (add). The coffee then (c) _________ (serve) Hot.
7. For preparing cake, some maida (a) _________ (take). Ghee and sugar are mixed. Then baking powder (b) _________ (add). The cake then (c) _________ (bake) for 40 minutes.
8. Generally the village hospital (a) _________ (close) by nine in the evening. So I hurried to the hospital with Veer Singh. The doctor (b) _________ (find) in the room. Veer Singh (c) _________ (examine) by the doctor.