CBSE Previous Year Solved Papers Class 12 Computer Science Outside Delhi 2012
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks: 70
General Instructions :
- There are a total of 26 questions and five sections in the question paper, All questions are compulsory.
- Section A contains question number 1 to 5, Very Short Answer type questions of one mark each.
- Section B contains question number 6 to 10, Short Answer type I questions of two marks each.
- Section C contains question number 11 to 22, Short Answer type II questions of three marks each.
- Section D contains question number 23, Value Based Question of four marks.
- Section E contains question number 24 to 26, Long Answer type questions of five marks each.
- There is no overall choice in the question paper, however, an internal choice is provided in one question of two marks, one question of three marks and all three questions of five marks. An examined is to attempt any one of the questions out of two given in the question paper with the same question number.
Question.1.(a) Give the difference between the type casting and automatic type conversion. Also, give a suitable C++ code to illustrate both.
1(b)Which C++ header file(s) are essentially required to be included to run/execute the following C++ source code(Note: Do not include any header file, which is/are not required) :
1(c) Rewrite the following program after removing the syntactical error(s) (if any). Underline each correction.
1 (d) Find the output of the following program :
1(e) Find the output of the following program :
1(f) Observe the following program and find out, which output(s) out of(i) to(iv) will not be expected from the program? What will be the minimum and the maximum value assigned to the variable chance?
Question.2.(a) What is the difference between the members in private visibility mode and the members in protected visibility mode inside a class ? Also, give a suitable C++ code to illustrate both.
2. (b) Answer the question (i) and (ii) after going through the following class.
- In Object Oriented Programming, what are Function 1 and Function 4 combined together referred as?
- In Object Oriented Programming, which concept is illustrated by Function 3? When is this function called/ invoked?
- Polymorphism OR Constructor Overloading
- Function 3: Destructor ‘
A destructor called/invoked when an object of that class is destroyed. When a variable goes out of scope, or a dynamically allocated variable is explicitly deleted using the delete keyword, the class destructor is called to help clean up the class before it is removed from memory.
2. (c) Define a class RESTRA in C++ with following description: Private Members:
- FoodCode of type int
- Food of type string
- FType of type string
- Sticker of type string
- A member function GetSticker() to assign the following values for Sticker as per the given Ftype
- A function GetFoodO to allow user to enter values for FoodCode, Food,Ftype and call function „ GetSticker( ) to assign Sticker.
- A function ShowFoodO to allow user to view the concept of all the data members.
2. (d) Answer the questions (i) to (iv) based on the following :
- Name the type of inheritance illustrated in the above C++ code.
- Write the names of data members, which are accessible from member functions of class SHOP.
- Write the names of all the member functions, which are accessible from objects belonging to class FACTORY.
- Write the names of all the members, which are accessible from objects of class SHOP.
- Hierarchical Inheritance
- None of the data members can be accessible except SHOP class data members.
- Register!),Enter!) and Show( ) of Factory class.
- Input! ( ) Output!( )
Question.3. (a) Write a function SWAP2BEST (int ARR,int Size) in C++ to modify the content of the array in such a way that the elements, which are multiples of 10 swap with the value present in the very next position in the array.
3. (b) An arrayT is stored in the memory along the column with each of the element occupying 2 bytes, find out the memory location of T ,if an element T  is stored at location7600.
3. (c) Write a function in C++ to perform insert operation in a static circular Queue containing Book’s information (represented with the help of an array of structure BOOK).
3. (d) Write a function ALTERNATE (int A,int N,int M) in C++ to display all alternate element from two¬dimensional array A (starting from A ).
(e) Evaluate the following POSTFIX notation. Show status of stack after every step of evaluation (i.e. after each operator):
True, False, NOT, AND, False, True, OR, AND
Question.4. (a)Student try to answer this question Observe the program segment given below carefully and the question that follow:
- Write statement 1 to position the file pointer to the appropriate place, so that the data updation is done for the required item.
- Write statement 2 to perform the write operation so that the updation is done in the binary file.
Statement 1 – File.seekp(Success);
Statement 2 – File.write((char*) &S, sizeof(S));
(b) Write a function in C++ to read the content of a text file “DELHI.TXT” and display all those lines on screen, which are either starting with ‘D’ or starting With ‘M’
(c) Write a function in C++ to search for the details (Phoneno and Calls) of those Phones, which have more , than 800 calls from a binary file “phones.dat”. Assuming that this binary file contains records/objects of class Phone, which is defined below.
Question.5. (a) Give a suitable example of a table with sample data and illustrate Primary and Alternate Keys in it.
Answer : Primary Key : Primary key is a set of one or more fields/columns of a table that uniquely identify a record in database table. It cannot accept null, duplicate values. Only one candidate key can be primary key.
Alternate key : Alternate key is a key that can be work as a primary key. Basically it is a Candidate key that currently is not primary key.
Example : In below table Admission No. becomes Alternate Keys when we define Registration No. as Primary Key.
(b) Write SQL commands for the following statements :
- To display the names of all the silver colored Cars.
- To display name of car, make and capacity of cars in
descending order of their sitting capacity.
- To display the highest charges at which a vehicle can be hired from CARDEN.
- To display the customer name and the corresponding name of the cars hired by them.
- SELECT CarName FROM carden WHERE Color = ‘Silver’;
- SELECT CarName,Make,Capacity FROM carden ORDER BY Capacity DESC;
- SELECT MAX(Charges) FROM carden;
- SELECT Cname,CarName FROM carden,customer WHERE
(c) Give the output of the following SQL queries :
(i) SELECT COUNT (DISTINCT Make) FROM CARDEN;
(ii) SELECT MAX(Charges),MIN(Charges) FROM CARDEN;
(iii) SELECT COUNT (*) ,Make FROM CARDEN;
(iv) SELECT CarName FROM CARDEN WHERE Capacity=4;
Question.6.(a) Verify the following using truth table :
(b) Write the equivalent Boolean Expression for the following Logic Circuit:
(c)Write the SOP form of a Boolean .Function F, which is represented in a truth table as follows :
(d) Reduce the following Boolean Expression using K-Map :
Question.7.(a) What out of the following, Svill you use to have an audio-visual chat with an expert sitting in a far-away place to fix-up a technical issue?
Answer: (i) VoIP
(b) Name one server side scripting language and one client side scripting language.
- Client side script:
- server side script:
(c)Which out of the following comes under Cyber Crime?
- Operating someone’s internet banking account, without his knowledge.
- Stealing a keyboard from someone’s computer.
- Working on someone’s computer with his/her permission.
- Operating someone’s internet banking account, without his knowledge.
(d) Write one advantage of bus topology of network. Also, illustrate how 4 computers can be connected with each other using star topology of network.
(e) Workalot consultants are setting up a secured network for their office campus at Gurgaon for their day- to-day office and web-based activities. They are planning to have connectivity between 3 buildings and the head office situated in Mumbai. Answer the questions (i) to(iv) after going through the building positions in the campus and other details, which are given below :
- Suggest the most suitable place (i.e. building) to house the server of this organization. Also give a reason to justify your suggested location.
- Suggest a cable layout of connection between the buildings inside the campus.
- Suggest the placement of the following device with justification:
- The organization is planning to provide a high speed link with its head office situated in MUMBAI using a wired connection. Which of the following cables will be most suitable for this job?
(1) Optical Fiber
(2) Co-axial Cable
(3) Ethernet Cable
RED building because maximum number of computers are there
BLUE building because closest to all other building (minimum cable length required)
Switch. By using 1 switch per building we can use maximum numbers of computers to connect them in network.
Answer : (iv) Optical Fiber
(f) Give one suitable example of each URL and Domain Name.
Answer: URL – http://www.cbsecsnip.in/index.php Domain – cbsecsnip
(g) Name two Proprietary software along with their application.
(i) Microsoft Office : Microsoft Office belongs to Microsoft Corporation. This software is used for office automation and also can be used other than office productivity at personal level. Microsoft Office contains following other applications like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.
(ii)Oracle : Oracle Corporation is the owner of Oracle software. Oracle is one of most popular RDBMS software in world.