CBSE Previous Year Solved Papers Class 12 Computer Science Delhi 2014
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks: 70
General Instructions :
- There are a total of 26 questions and five sections in the question paper, All questions are compulsory.
- Section A contains question number 1 to 5, Very Short Answer type questions of one mark each.
- Section B contains question number 6 to 10, Short Answer type I questions of two marks each.
- Section C contains question number 11 to 22, Short Answer type II questions of three marks each.
- Section D contains question number 23, Value Based Question of four marks.
- Section E contains question number 24 to 26, Long Answer type questions of five marks each.
- There is no overall choice in the question paper, however, an internal choice is provided in one question of two marks, one question of three marks and all three questions of five marks. An examined is to attempt any one of the questions out of two given in the question paper with the same question number.
Question.1. (a) What is the difference between actual parameter and formal parameter ? Give a suitable example to illustrate using a C++ code.
(b) Observe the following C++ code and write the name(s) of the header file(s), which will be essentially required to run it in a C++ compiler:
(c) Rewrite the following C++ code after removing all the r syntax error (s), if present in the code. Make sure that you underline each correction done by you in the code.
— Assume that all the required header files are already included, which are essential to run this code.
— The corrections made by you do not change the logic of the program.
(d) Obtain the output of the following C++ program as . expected to appear on the screen after its execution.
—All the desired header files are already included in the code, which are required to run the code.
(e) Obtain the output of the following C++ program, which will appear on the screen after its execution.
— All the desired header files are already included in the code, which are required to run the code.
A @ 3 120
(f) Read the following C++ code carefully and find out, which out of the given option (i) to (iv) are the expected correct output(s) of it. Also, write the maximum and minimum value that can be assigned to the variable Start used in the code:
Answer: (i) 200 #150# Maximum value=3 Minimum value=2
Question.2. (a) Write 4 characteristics of a constructor function used in a class.
Answer: 4 characteristics of a constructor class are:-
- It is a function of a class.
- It has the name same that of its class name.
- It does not have any return type.
- It is called automatically whenever an object is created.
(b) Answer the question (i) and (ii) after going through the following class:
(i) Which of the function out of Function 1,2,3,4 or 5 will get executed when the Statement 1 is executed in the above code?
(ii) Write a statement to declare a new object G with reference to already existing object H using Function 3.
(i) Function 1 will be executed when the Statement 1 is executed
(ii) Health G(H);
(c) Define a class CABS in C++ with the following g specification:
- CNo — to store Cab No
- Type — to store a character ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ as City Type
- PKM – to store per kilo metre charges
- Dist – to store Distance travelled (in km)
- A constructor function to initialize Type as ‘A’ and CNo as‘1111’
- A function ChargesO to assign PKM as per the 0 following table:
- A function Register() to allow administration to enter the values for CNo and Type. Also, this function should call Charges!) to assign PKM Charges.
- A function ShowCab() to allow user to enter the value of Distance and display CNo, Type, PKM, PKM * Distance (as Amount) on screen.
(d) Consider the following C++ code and answer the question from (i) to (iv):
(i) Which type of Inheritance is shown in the above example?
(ii) Write the names of those member functions, which are directly accessed from the objects of class Applicant.
(iii) Write the name of those data members, which can be directly accessible from the member functions of class Applicant.
(iv) Is it possible to directly call function Display O of class Campus
from an object of class Dept? (Answer as YES or NO).
(i) Multilevel inheritance is shown in the above example.
(ii) Member functions: void Enroll ();
(iii) Data Members :
char Name ;
(iv) No, it is not possible because Display () function of Campus becomes private for the object of Dept class.
Question.3. (a) Write code for a function odd Even(in ts, int N) in C++, to add 5 in all the odd values and 10 in all the even values of the array S.
(b) An array T  is stored along the row in the memory with each element requiring 2 bytes of storage. If the base address of array is 42000, find out the location of T  . Also, find the total number of elements present in this array.
T[I] [J] = B + W [ N (I -1,) + (J + J,) ]
T  = 42000 + 2[ 20 (10) + (15) ]
= 42000 + 2[ 200 +15]
= 42000 + 2[ 215]
= 42000 + 430 = 42430
Location ofT = 42430
Total number of elements present in this array = 25 * 20 = 500
(c) Write user-defined function Sum Last 3(int A , int N, int M) in C++ to to find and display the sum of all the values, which are ending with 3 (ie., units place is 3). For example if the content of array is:
The output should be 49.
(d) Evaluate the following post fix expression. Show the status of Stack after execution of each operation separately: F, T, NOT, AND, F, OR, T, AND
(e) Write a function POPBOOKO in C++ to perform delete operation from a Dynamic Stack, which contains Bno and Tide. Consider the following definition of NODE, while writing your C++code.
Question.4. (a) Fill in the blanks marked as as the Statement 1 and the Statement 2, in be program segment given below the appropriate functions for the required task.
(b) Write the function EU Count() in C++, which should read character of a text file IMP.TXT, should count and display the occurrence of alphabets E and U (including small case e and u too)
If the file content is as follows :
Updated information is simplified by official websites.
The EU Count () function should display the output as E: 4 U: 1
(c) Assume the class GAMES as declared below, write a functions in C++ to read the objects GAMES from binary file GAMES.DAT and display those details of those GAMES, which are meant for children of Age Range “8 to 13”.
Question.5. (a) Explain the concept of Union between two tables, with the help of appropriate example.
Answer the question (b) and (c) on the basis of the following tables STORE and ITEM
(b) Write the SQL query (1 to 4)
1. To display I Name and Price of all the Items in ascending
order of their Price.
2. To display SNo and S Name of all Stores located in Cp.
3. To display Minimum and Maximum price of each I Name ’ from the table Item.
4. To display I Name, Price of all the Items and their respective S Name where they are available.
(1) select I Name, Price from ITEM order by Price
(2) select SNo, S Name from STORE where Area=’CP’;
(3) select MIN(Price), MAX(Price) from ITEM group by I Name;
(4) select I Name, Price, S Name from STORE, ITEM where STORE. SNo= ITEM. SNo;
(c) Write the output of the following SQL command (1 to 4)
1. SELECT DISTINCT I NAME FROM ITEM WHERE , PRICE>=5000;
2. SELECT AREA, COUNT(*), FROM STORE GROUP BY AREA;
3. SELECT COUNT (DISTINCT AREA) FROM STORE;
4. SELECT I NAME, PRICE * 0.05 DISCOUNT FROM ITEM WHERE SNO IN (‘S02’, ‘S03’);
Question.6 (a) Name the law shown below and verify it using a truth table.
(b) Obtain the Boolean Expression for the logic shown below:
(c) Write the Sum of Product form of the function F.(P,Q,R) for the following truth representation F :
(d) Obtain the minimal form for the following Boolean expression using Karnaugh’s Map.
Question.7. (a) Write one characteristic each for 2G and 3G Mobile Technologies.
Characteristic of 2G mobile technologies is that it is used to make only voice calls.
Characteristic of 3G mobile technologies is that it is used for voice calls as well as video calls.
(b) What is the difference between Video Conferencing and Chat ?
Answer: In Video Conferencing, both the communicators can see each other while talking, whereas, in Chat, we can not see each other.
(c) Expand the following:
GPRS—General Packet Radio Service
CDMA—Code Division Multiple Access
(d) Which type of network (out of LAN, PAN and MAN) is formed, when you connect two mobiles using Bluetooth to transfer a picture file.
Answer: PAN (Personal Area Network)
(e) Trine Tech Corporation (TTC) is a professional consultancy company. The company is planning to set up their new offices in India with its hub at Hyderabad. As a network adviser, you have to understand their requirement and suggest them the best available solutions. Their queries are mentioned as (i) to (iv) below.
(i) What will be the most appropriate block, where TTC should plan to install their services?
(ii) Draw a block to block cable layout to connect all the buildings in the most appropriate manner far efficient communication.
(iii) What will be the possible connectivity out of the following, you will suggest to connect the new set up of offices in Hyderabad with its London based office.
- Ethernet Cable
(iv) Which of the following device will be suggested by you to connect each computer in each of the buildings ?
(i) Finance block is appropriate to install server.
(ii) CABLE LAYOUT:
(iii) Satellite Link ” .
(f) Write the name of any two popular Open Source Software, which are used as operating system.
Answer: Linux and Unix are two Open Source operating system.
(g) Write any two important characteristics of Cloud Computing.
Answer: Two characteristic of Cloud Computing are:-
- It is controlled by entity and restricted to their authorized user.
- It is delivered through internet 24 x 7.