CBSE Sample Papers for Class 8 Science Practice Paper 2
Test Paper II
Time : 2 1/2 Hrs Maximum Marks : 100
- Read the content of the question carefully and attempt them there after.
- Follow the specified word limit, wherever mentioned.
- Try to be brief and concise and have clarity in expression.
- Make diagrams and figures wherever necessary.
1. Fill in the blanks: 1 x 10=10
- …………is a chemical reaction in which the surface of a metal changes from metal atom to metal ion.
- Shooting stars are actually not…………
- The body cover that protects brain is called …………
- The female sex harmones are oestrogen and …………
- The ductless glands are also called …………
- …………is the periods of rapid physical growth and mental development taking place between childhood and adulthood.
- Brown coal is commonly called…………
- Reducing friction by…………an aircraft or car give it a higher speed.
- The…………is the black circle present in the eye.
- The process of fertilisation takes place in human being (female) in…………
2. Write the full form of these abbreviations: 1 x 10 = 10
3.Give one word answer: 2 x 10 = 20
- The coating of an electrically conductive item with a layer of metal using electric current.
- A branch of chemistry that studies the reaction which takes place at the interface of an electronic conductor.
- A reaction in which both oxidation and reduction are occurring.
- Part of the female reproduction system, the embryo development takes place.
- The pituitary hormone which facilitates child birth.
- The product of fertilization.
- The poisonous gas produced when coal is burnt in a closed room.
- The mining of oil under sea.
- A code, which enables blind persons to read and write.
- The instrument that measures air pressure.
4. Define the following: 2 x 5 = 10
- Destructive Distillation
5.Difference between the following pair (any three) 4 x 3 = 12
- Menarche and Menopause
- External fertilization and Internal fertilization
- Regular reflection and irregular reflection
- Real Image and Virtual image
6.(A) Write answer in short: 4 x 3 = 12
- State Faraday’s first law of electrolysis.
- What is natural gas? What are its component?
- What are petro chemicals? Why are they so important?
- What is an electrochemical reaction?
(B) Give reasons for the following: 4 x 3 = 12
- Sportsmen use shoes with spikes.
- Petroleum is also called ‘Black Gold’.
- Water must not be used on burning oil.
- It is dangerous to touch a switch with wet hands.
7.Give answer in detail (any two) 5 x 2 = 10
- Write in three points on the important life style that the adolescents should take care of.
- Explain with diagram how coal formed in the earth.
- What is friction? Explain the types of friction.
8.Draw neat and labelled diagram of anyone: 4
- Destructive distillation of coal
- Electric bell