CBSE Sample Papers for Class 8 Science Practice Paper 1
Test Paper I
Time : 2 1/2 Hrs Maximum Marks : 100
- Read the content of the question carefully and attempt them there after.
- Follow the specified word limit, wherever mentioned.
- Try to be brief and concise and have clarity in expression.
- Make diagrams and figures wherever necessary.
1. Fill in the blanks: 1 x 10 = 10
- Reserve stock of food grains of a country is called………..
- The process of cutting and gathering a crop is known as………..
- ………..is a dreaded disease of cattle, sheep and goats.
- Stomach produces………..acid to kill microbes.
- Disease causing microbes are called………..
- Mushrooms are edible………..
- The hardest known material is………..
- Chemical action in metals exposed to air and water is called………..
- A………..has a distinct head and a glowing tail.
- ………..is used in rockets to oxidise rocket fuel.
2. Give one word answer 1 x 10 = 10
- A homogeneous mixture of two or more metals and non metals.
- Name the first satellite launched by India.
- Groups of stars arranged in interesting patterns.
- A non-metal, generally used as rat poison.
- Rearing and management of silk moths.
- Diseases which spread fast in an area and take a heavy toll of human life.
- The resistance created in our body to fight infection.
- The process by which milk products are generally preserved.
- The study of Carbon and its compounds.
- Cell organell often called suicide bags.
3. Do as directed:
- What happens when (write only chemical equation) 1 x 3 = 3
(a) Sodium react with hydrochloric acid.
(b) Magnesium react with water.
(c) Zinc react with Sulphuric acid.
- Name the two alloy of: 1 x 3 = 3
(a) Ee (b) Cu (c) Al
- Name two breeds of: 1 x 3 = 3
(a) Wheat (b)Rice (c) Cow
- Write two name of: 1 x 3 = 3
(a) Heavy metals (b) Protective metals (c) Radioactive
4. Write short notes on: 2 x 5 = 10
- Corrosion and its effects
- Acid rain and its harms
5. Give the answer of the following questions: 3 x 10=30
- What is magnetic induction?
- What is an electromagnet? Name two application of an electromagnets.
- What are micro-organism? Name the different types of micro-organism.
- What are chromosomes? Where can you find them in a cell?
- Name the three methods to prevent corrosion of metals.
- Describe some ways by which we can reduce air pollution.
- What is a light year? How many light years is the sun away from Earth?
- What is hybridisation?
- What are harmful effects of pesticides?
- Write three uses of Copper and Zinc.
6. Differentiate between the following pairs with examples (any three) 4 x 3 = 12
- Macronutrients and micronutrients.
- Communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Metals and Non-metals.
- Rabi and Kharif crops.
7. Write answer in detail: (Any two) 5 x 2 = 10
- What are two methods of making a temporary magnet? Explain with diagram.
- What is Green Revolution? List the agricultural practices that have resulted in the green revolution.
- What is a reactivity series of metals? Write name of metals according to series.
8. Draw labelled diagram of any one part: 6
- An electromagnet and magnetic compass.
- Bacteriophage and Ursa major.